Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New button to enable FSD Beta download?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Breaking news: TSLAQ trolls in shambles (reality bites) and moving the goal posts yet again.

FSDbeta_button.jpg

Given so many lies and letdowns it is appropriate to be pessimistic. The past tends to repeat itself. There is plenty of info. Even if Elon said everyone would be added, we would be correct to assume that is a lie as every long term comment he has made about FSD has been false. Even short term comments of "ten days" and "two weeks" have been erroneous.

IMHO, it will be months for the vast majority of us to get the FSD beta, even after the button.

I bet he is trying to keep his score closer to 100%, but I don't think chill will help as there isn't any ding for speeding or accelerating, just rapid decel, and excessive speed in turns. Which doesn't give you much of a choice if you didn't know how sharp the turn would be, can't decelerate, can't go into the turn fast... And gosh help you if you are getting too close to the guy in front of you, triple ding for one event.

I bet he is trying to keep his score closer to 100%, but I don't think chill will help as there isn't any ding for speeding or accelerating, just rapid decel, and excessive speed in turns. Which doesn't give you much of a choice if you didn't know how sharp the turn would be, can't decelerate, can't go into the turn fast... And gosh help you if you are getting too close to the guy in front of you, triple ding for one event.
The UK police drivers have a manual called roadcraft - it contains a trick to know how sharpe bends are in unfamiliar roads. But you shouldn't be driving fast on unfamiliar roads

I don't think chill will help as there isn't any ding for speeding or accelerating, just rapid decel, and excessive speed in turns.

I set my acceleration to chill to remind me to avoid the rapid acceleration followed by a heavy brake when the guy in front of me brakes. Or if I accelerate around a turn from a stop, it has become much more gradual. I also think of having a glass of water on the dash or driving on snow. It is more of a mental thing.

Well, Tesla isn't really treating it as a trade secret, they told their numbers to CA DMV back in March, but didn't ask them to withhold it as a trade secret. Elon has also publicly said they have ~2000 testers now. Elon's previous goal was expansion to ~10k, that's my guess for the next target with the button release. I don't feel like it'll be a wide release.

But anyways, it matches my impression of what the button means: it's a replacement for the emails, and Tesla will still be vetting people before approving them. Some people thought it'll straight up download it for use, no questions asked, but it's pretty clear that's not what's going to happen.
FSD Beta Videos (and questions for FSD Beta drivers)
From the latest recall there were 11,704 vehicles in the US that installed FSD Beta 10.3, so it seems Tesla have reached their original ~10k milestone.

From the latest recall there were 11,704 vehicles in the US that installed FSD Beta 10.3, so it seems Tesla have reached their original ~10k milestone.

Wow - I was off by a factor of 2. I thought there were about 5k people (may be plsu 2k employees).