Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New button to enable FSD Beta download?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm in the queue. But I'm a little concerned about how I will be able to monitor my driving. I believe it said you can do this through the app if you have 4.1 or greater. The latest version for my android phone is 4.0.1.

Maybe I misread the message or maybe 4.1 really means 4.0.1?

I'm in the queue. But I'm a little concerned about how I will be able to monitor my driving. I believe it said you can do this through the app if you have 4.1 or greater. The latest version for my android phone is 4.0.1.

Maybe I misread the message or maybe 4.1 really means 4.0.1?
I'm on 4.01 as well, but I think the Apple guys just got 4.1 yesterday. My guess is you need 4.1 to see your score, but the car itself is gathering the data. Take one drive over .1 miles and your score should be in the app if 4.01 can show it.

Now toggling the car to chill mode instead of sports.

20210925_052322-01.jpeg

I was getting ’Forced Autopilot Disengagement’ waiting on red lights.

I get these quite frequently and they are frustrating:
- while having my hands on steering wheel at all times, car does not reliably detect that
- visual warnings (for car failing to detect me holding the wheel) are hidden behind the wheel if you are tall

Would be great if there would be audible warning as well. Now the forced disengagement is often the first (and only) warning. Even when you have been holding the wheel.

Get the FSD beta software? Like the rest of us, it's very unlikely.

You say that like it's a fact. Unless you have inside information from Tesla how many will get the beta, it's simply an opinion, and an uninformed one at that. That's OK, many of my opinions are uninformed as well. But you really should add something like "IMHO" when you're shooting in the dark. And no, past promises may be a valid base to form an opinion, but they do not constitute a logical argument or proof of your opinion.

You say that like it's a fact. Unless you have inside information from Tesla how many will get the beta, it's simply an opinion, and an uninformed one at that. That's OK, many of my opinions are uninformed as well. But you really should add something like "IMHO" when you're shooting in the dark. And no, past promises may be a valid base to form an opinion, but they do not constitute a logical argument or proof of your opinion.
IMHO, it will be months for the vast majority of us to get the FSD beta, even after the button.

..., and an uninformed one at that. ...
Given so many lies and letdowns it is appropriate to be pessimistic. The past tends to repeat itself. There is plenty of info. Even if Elon said everyone would be added, we would be correct to assume that is a lie as every long term comment he has made about FSD has been false. Even short term comments of "ten days" and "two weeks" have been erroneous.

Last edited:
  • Disagree
Reactions: Nakk and KArnold
Given so many lies and letdowns it is appropriate to be pessimistic. The past tends to repeat itself. There is plenty of info. Even if Elon said everyone would be added, we would be correct to assume that is a lie as every long term comment he has made about FSD has been false. Even short term comments of "ten days" and "two weeks" have been erroneous.
All true, and as I said a valid basis for forming an opinion. It is not however a basis for stating it as a fact. You disagreed with my post, but my post was factually correct. There are facts, and there are opinions; you should learn to differentiate the two.

All true, and as I said a valid basis for forming an opinion. It is not however a basis for stating it as a fact. You disagreed with my post, but my post was factually correct. There are facts, and there are opinions; you should learn to differentiate the two.
.. uniformed .. is not fact. It is opinion and a poor opinion at that. You need to learn to differentiate between fact and fiction.

Get the button? I'd say it should.

Get the FSD beta software? Like the rest of us, it's very unlikely. But while you are out you could buy a lotto ticket. You never know.
If we're gonna quibble about opinion/fact, the first statement is an opinion: "I'd say"

The sentences are incomplete, so we are left to interpret the full meaning of the author. It reads like an opinion piece as there is no factual reference.

The second statement is a guess with an undetermined outcome, and a comparison to winning a lottery, which as we all know has a probability (often small) of success. Some people do win; if everyone picked the exact same numbers everyone would win. Maybe if everyone gets 100% safety score they all get the beta. Seems like a fairly accurate statement of opinion to me.