Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New CA bill AB1184 being considered: Up to $10K rebate for EV purchases

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The bill is in the Senate Appropriations committee in the suspense file. Bills go on suspense if they result in a net cost to the State. I think the threshold is $100k. This Friday is the deadline for bills to come out of suspense and get passed by Appropriations. The bill can only be voted on if the committee chair decides to pull it off suspense for a vote. After Appropriations it'll go to the Senate for a floor vote than back to the Assembly for concurrence with the amendments. It then will go to governor Brown for signature. There are only a few more weeks in this legislative session, so let's keep our fingers crossed.
Are you referring to AB-544 which went into suspense file last week? Or has AB-1184 had the same fate?

leginfo just updated showing the "Hearing postponed by committee" and a new date of 9/1 for the hearing date.

Last edited:
I mean, if they gave you the difference between the base price of a Honda Civic and a Model 3, that would be a huge coup for Model 3 buyers.

I think we all realize that the equivalent ICE car to a Model isn't $19,000

Obviously there has to be some cutoff, they aren't going to do the same with the Model S

Since Musk keeps talking about BMW 3 series, that will be the reference point for Model 3. Leaf, Bolt could get bigger credits ;)

On a serious note, I don't think this is a good way to spend pro-EV dollars. Building charging infrastructure is better.

Reactions: gg_got_a_tesla