Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New California $5,000 EV Rebate Covers USED EV as Well!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

gene

Supporting Member
Feb 11, 2013
Santa Barbara, CA
NEW Program! State of California pays you $5,000 for purchase of a full battery EV NEW or USED!

This is huge as there are plenty of excellent used Nissan Leaf’s, Fiat 500e’s, Chevy Spark EV, VW E-Golf, Mercedes B250, BMW i3, Kia Soul-ev, etc, at less than $10k. California is paying $5000, which 50% of these used EV’s for you!

The program even pays for a charger at your home.

Your household income must be below certain limits such as $48k for a single person, or $65k for a couple. Many, many people can take advantage of the limited offer and start commuting fossil free!

If you qualify, and if you add in not buying gas anymore, you are looking at a free car with gas savings with a few years of ownership.

All the details here: Home - Clean Vehicle Assistance Program

Tell your friends!

Last edited:
Why isn’t this part of CVRP? Can someone apply for CVRP and this new grant?
Can I stack a Clean Vehicle Assistance Program grant with a grant or rebate from another state-funded program, such as the Clean Vehicle Rebate Program, Replace Your Ride, or Tune In Tune Up?
No, clean vehicle grants and rebates that are funded by California Climate Investments cannot be stacked with Clean Vehicle Assistance Program grants.

Any update on this? I called tesla in the mid West and they said they still aren't participating in this. Sent an email to a guy with customer service and he said he would forward it to the people that would do it ...I guess only time will tell.

Any update on this? I called tesla in the mid West and they said they still aren't participating in this. Sent an email to a guy with customer service and he said he would forward it to the people that would do it ...I guess only time will tell.
This is a California only program. All the info you need is on the website: All the details here: Home - Clean Vehicle Assistance Program

Wait it works for new car. Does it mean you can get 5000 + 5000 from CVRP if you are low income?

Fiat 500e goes for sub 10K all the time. With this you can have a 90 miles EV for less than $5K
Yea the program came & went . . . but thinking back then .... the original Junkie Leaf - may easily have less than 45 miles left on it - & cost only $3,500. or less. sooo i wonder how many xfred thos POS's to a family member "tax exempt sale" (maybe/maybe not money changed hands) and ended up making a quick $1,000+. Yea, no wonder it closed so quick.