Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New California License Plate Option - White on Black

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
He might want to check with his CO. I spoke with a DMV rep prior to purchasing this plate. I also have a letter attesting to the legality of these plates from the Deputy Director of Registration Operations of the DMV along with his phone number. Check out CVC Section 4853(b) as sited in the letter
Any chance I could get a copy of that letter ? I got one of those plates and just got a fix it ticket .

Any chance I could get a copy of that letter ? I got one of those plates and just got a fix it ticket .
He might want to check with his CO. I spoke with a DMV rep prior to purchasing this plate. I also have a letter attesting to the legality of these plates from the Deputy Director of Registration Operations of the DMV along with his phone number. Check out CVC Section 4853(b) as sited in the letter
I am at mobile1 at gmx.ch

My neighbor is a cop. My cousin is a CHP. Trust me. These plates are prohibited simple because they are not produced by the state of California.
He said this: Allowing “Etsy Plates” sets a bad precedent.. what’s to stop everyone from simply taking their state appointed plate number and creating their own custom “art plates”? Why does the digital Reviver Rplate cost so much, why do genuine “CA LEGACY BLACK” plates cost $50/year? Because they are officially sanctioned by the state/DMV.

Last edited:
Reactions: flstcgranucci
My neighbor is a cop. My cousin is a CHP. Trust me. These plates are prohibited simple because they are not produced by the state of California.
He said this: Allowing “Etsy Plates” sets a bad precedent.. what’s to stop everyone from simply taking their state appointed plate number and creating their own custom “art plates”? Why does the digital Reviver Rplate cost so much, why do genuine “CA LEGACY BLACK” plates cost $50/year? Because they are officially sanctioned by the state/DMV.
Strange, because I see them all the time and I have to think they are just not enforcing the law and issuing tickets.

Strange, because I see them all the time and I have to think they are just not enforcing the law and issuing tickets.
They don’t enforce the law on the roads to much these days.. since the pandemic I hardly see any cops - and I live in Los Angeles.

I commute 100 miles a day on the freeways, hardly ever see a CHP.

It’s a huge contrast to 5-10 years ago when I saw cops way more often when out and about.

Long story short, the diminished pool of patrol officers has taken its toll and most cops don’t want the paperwork headache over a fixit violation.

Reactions: flstcgranucci
Your neighbors a bad cop. They are completely legal, and even the phrases on the bottom have to be approved of by the DMV.

Reactions: jbeezely4051