Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Vendor New Car Cosmetic Inspections?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Why would you get a brand new car inspected? I mean, it's new... it's brand spanking new Jason!

Watch this video in full screen to really see the flaws I'm pointing out...
We have found that over 70% of new Teslas have significantly noticeable flaws in their paint finish.
If this concerns you then having it inspected immediately after purchase is a smart way to go.
What's a "significant flaw"?
* Buffer swirls aka holograms
* Dirt nibs
* Sanding marks in the clear coat
* Sanding marks in the primer under the base coat
* Poorly repaired rock chips, scratches, scuffs, etc.
* Hard water spots
* Misaligned panels

Look, the Tesla factory is a wonder of modern manufacturing, they turn out literally hundreds of cars every day. Think of the quality control measures they must take to accomplish their high standard of manufacturing in such a short period of time! But alas they must draw the line somewhere, so sometimes a paint flaw gets through their inspection, or they simply do not have the time to correct the flaw properly.

If you love knowing that your brand new car is as close to perfect as possible, then please consider our New Car Cosmetic Inspection Service. What are we looking for exactly? I’m glad you asked!

We are looking for flaws in the paint like sanding marks, buffer swirls, scratches, compound residue, panel/door misalignment, dirt nibs, etc. How do these flaws get in/on your paint in the first place? As previously mentioned sometimes they are factory defects (the most common factory defect is dirt nibs in the paint) but more frequently they are defects from substandard repair of your car after it leaves the factory.
Wait, what?
Think about it, all kinds of things can happen to your new car in between when it left the factory and when you took delivery and any number of untold accidents happen along the way.

So what do they do when a new car gets scratched or otherwise damaged? They just send it to a local auto body paint shop where it is repaired like any other car. The problem is that oftentimes that repair is substandard. This is where we come in! We spend our entire professional careers looking at paint and finding flaws and correcting them, it’s literally what we do. So we are the perfect people to inspect your car’s exterior and give you a report of what we’ve found, good bad or ugly. The good news is most flaws can be corrected to (literally) better than new condition. Let me tell you, there’s nothing like having a car that is shinier than new. Yes it’s possible and we do it every day.
Here's a few examples of what we frequently find...

Sanding through the paint down to the primer, caused by over-aggressive polishing and/or sanding.
20150811_133859.jpg

A poorly repaired rock chip. Yes, the owner picked up this car home from the dealer this way.
P1060030.jpg

Buffer burn damage on the F-wing rubber door seal.
P1060032.jpg

Attachments

• 20150811_133859.jpg
    20150811_133859.jpg
    286.3 KB · Views: 51