Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New Car Detail and Protective Film

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
ADD0BCC9-93CE-4A0C-BA84-1E2149F58AA2.jpeg
5EB31C30-1AD2-4DFD-8A2E-54820CFF5E6E.jpeg
D72DAC0B-F6BD-41D2-837C-40AA99296B26.jpeg
F4950B2E-044C-4093-B286-012A0DCCE3A5.jpeg
1F715E92-B08C-4FA3-9D94-58D4E2749CEC.jpeg
Hello Everyone,

Finally have delivery of my M3P had my guys at detailers domain do a good bit of the car in xpel clear protective film.

Here are some pics and specs on what we had done. Really no better choice in the TriState. Reach out to Phil and his team.
DetailersDomain.com

Details

2018 Tesla Model 3
full hood
full front fenders
front bumper
mirrors
full a pillar
b pillar
lower doors x4
rockers
headlights
fog/driving lights
full rear bumper
Glass sealant

Looks great! Thanks for sharing.

Post title was a trap. Normally it is followed by the question of is it worth it? Thread then devolves to

2 pages of disagrees from those who didnt do it.

2 pages of agrees from those who did do it.

:D

• Funny
Reactions: P85_DA
View attachment 337146 View attachment 337147 View attachment 337148 View attachment 337149 View attachment 337150 Hello Everyone,

Finally have delivery of my M3P had my guys at detailers domain do a good bit of the car in xpel clear protective film.

Here are some pics and specs on what we had done. Really no better choice in the TriState. Reach out to Phil and his team.
DetailersDomain.com

Details

2018 Tesla Model 3
full hood
full front fenders
front bumper
mirrors
full a pillar
b pillar
lower doors x4
rockers
headlights
fog/driving lights
full rear bumper
Glass sealant
None of this is helpful unless you mention how much your work cost. If it's over $3k for that you will never convince me that it's worth it

To the nay sayers. Just think about it. The car was painted in California so the paint had to meet all environmental laws there. Do you think this is some of the most chip resistant paint you have ever seen? I’ve had trucks throw serval rocks into my last car to the point it broke the windshield and needed four major dents fixed with my car. Did it need repainted? No because I had Xpel film on it, and the film was not damaged either.
Six days before I was to trade my car in to pick up my model 3 someone in front of me hit a bump and dropped around 50 pea sized gravel and most hit the front of my car. The speed limit was 70 MPH. Thanks to Xpel my plans remained unchanged. I put 63,000 miles on my last car over 4 years and it never failed me. My Model 3 has the newer generation xpel and I look forward to the protection it will provide.

I didn’t do the doors or trunk.
Front nose completely lower rockers and doors rear bumper.

I have a garage so parking lots will be the concern. But I think the protection is very good without the doors.

Xpel is a great product really impressive.

I didn’t do the doors or trunk.
Front nose completely lower rockers and doors rear bumper.

I have a garage so parking lots will be the concern. But I think the protection is very good without the doors.

Xpel is a great product really impressive.
Interesting strategy. Mine was to protect from road debris and moving stuff in and out of my trunk.

My Details

full hood
full front fenders
front bumper
mirrors
front pillars
rockers
headlights
fog/driving lights
top rear bumper trunk area

Full Ceramic pro Silver package including glass sealant except front windshield (Did not want to mess up rain sensor)

I wanted to wrap the console with Xpel as they have templates for that as well but I became worried about all the water used to apply it and backed out. My detailer agreed.

My entire package was about 3,350 before tax with around $1,500 being the ceramic pro and paint correction.