Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New Car Few Questions

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello all, just picked up a 2021 LR+ and love it. Previously owned a 2014 P85 and can say Tesla has done some good work on the S even though its getting a bit long in the tooth. I have a few questions though, where is the range mode toggle I can't seem to find it anywhere. Same with the always connected option, I like to let the car sleep as much as possible esp during covid times where its not getting driven often. Also do I need to have the FSD option to see the side view cameras when I put the car into reverse? Thanks in advance!

Range mode is gone on new cars. It’s been a placebo for ages, so no loss.

“Always connected” and the energy savings options went away with MCU2 in March 2018.

You don’t need FSD for the side camera view in reverse, but do need to turn it on. Not sure where the setting is off hand.

• Love
  • Informative
Reactions: COS Blue and pabla
Range mode is gone on new cars. It’s been a placebo for ages, so no loss.

“Always connected” and the energy savings options went away with MCU2 in March 2018.

You don’t need FSD for the side camera view in reverse, but do need to turn it on. Not sure where the setting is off hand.
Sweet thanks I will see if I can find the option to turn the side cameras on in reverse