Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New Car Ordering

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Looking to order 70D. Buying as ltd company car.
Looking at following options
Auto tech package
Sun roof
Next gen seats
Money is ltd hence got to choose my options properly.

Any advice re options and anything particularly worth. cheers

We went a it silly with options but are hoping to keep cars for a good while , hoping battery upgrades will fall a lot in price in the future so went for a pretty fully loaded 70D about the only thing I've not gone for is Autopilot but that can be added with a payment and update.
The reason we've gone Tesla is the tax savings as a small Ltd company with 20% right off in first year and low BIK
I've got a car with similar performance and quality (ish ) to a M5 BMW with only £70 a month BIK not £550 BIK
BIK is going up every year but ZEV is always going to be at the bottom of the tree :biggrin:

Finally ordered 70D
Blue metallic
Black next gen seats
Sun roof
auto tech pack.
Managed to get a code which got me £1000 off- hence went metallic paint.
Great experience at B'ham Dealership.
i wanted to see all the colours and they brought out all the cars so i could appreciate the colours in natural light.
Went for the blue.
+1 for b'ham dealership

Two months on and my order status is still: "Order Confirmed. Your Model S has entered the production queue at our Factory in Fremont, California." I've noticed other orders go in to product within a couple weeks.

I'll be interested to know how long your order stays 'confirmed' before it changes to 'build'.

I've also noticed from this thread most people have a VIN close to the day their order is confirmed. I've gone though all my paperwork and there is no mention of a VIN and my order was confirmed on 22/08/2015. I've contacted Tesla in the UK but as I'm finding is usual they haven't responded so I'll continue to chase.

Have you received your VIN?

You got a code that gave you £1000 off; where did it come from?

- - - Updated - - -

Finally ordered 70D
Blue metallic
Black next gen seats
Sun roof
auto tech pack.
Managed to get a code which got me £1000 off- hence went metallic paint.
Great experience at B'ham Dealership.
i wanted to see all the colours and they brought out all the cars so i could appreciate the colours in natural light.
Went for the blue.
+1 for b'ham dealership

You got a code that gave you £1000 off; where did it come from?

@whitmarsh all us current owners have a code if you do not have one. Have you confirmed your order? If not you can cancel and reorder with a referral code. Although some have managed to manually apply a code after confirming if you want to PM me.

@whitmarsh all us current owners have a code if you do not have one. Have you confirmed your order? If not you can cancel and reorder with a referral code. Although some have managed to manually apply a code after confirming if you want to PM me.

Thanks; I got a code from Bjorn and it was applied after I had made the provisional order and before I confirmed. No real difficulty. I have ordered a Blue 70D with most of the bells and whistles; due in Jan.