Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New Car Owner: What do I need to look for?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi all,

I've had my current ICE for 13 years and finally decided to take the plunge and go for a Model 3. This is my first vehicle purchase (last one was inherited) and also the largest purchase I've ever made... so I'm a little nervous.

Any advice on what I should be looking for, what potential defects I should be flagging on the day of pickup? I've heard mixed reviews for the Lawrence location and I wanted to be as prepared as possible.

Reactions: SET.P.Films
Hi all,

I've had my current ICE for 13 years and finally decided to take the plunge and go for a Model 3. This is my first vehicle purchase (last one was inherited) and also the largest purchase I've ever made... so I'm a little nervous.

Any advice on what I should be looking for, what potential defects I should be flagging on the day of pickup? I've heard mixed reviews for the Lawrence location and I wanted to be as prepared as possible.
My car was delivered flawless in December 19.
Most of the problems were with earlier builds of the model 3.
I don’t think you need to be nervous , Tesla has really upped their game.

Hi all,

Enjoy your new 3, they're amazing vehicles... Be sure to get some clear bra installed to prevent rock chips etc... =)

Reactions: Roald44
ooh that's exciting congrats! and Watch out for paint defects before you pick up. Teslas have soft paint so clear bra or even at least a ceramic coating will help to prevent it from getting swirl marks, let me know if I can help!

I picked up mine a week ago in the rain. I was concerned there were problems I couldn’t, see but after careful review I found nothing. The car seems to be built extremely well.
Just installed Clear bra on a Tesla model X . Some areas aren't even painted good enough, clear coat looks like tear drops here and there and wasn't done properly . they really need to step it up