Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New Car totaled

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Unfortunately I have seen low estimates and then months long repairs and then the declaration of a total loss. Depends on the insurer.... hopefully that will not happen to you.

If they choose to repair it you will not know the true extent of damage until it's torn down.

Unfortunate to hear that, my condolences. But like others in this thread mentioned, insurance will help a ton here. Plus with how Tesla is incentivizing/quickly filling orders right now, you can make the best of a bad situation and get another new one with some goodies ;)

First hope you are OK.. i went thru the same thing.. car was 7 months old and 2993 miles guy ran into me totaled the car.. i have Tesla Ins. took a few weeks to survey the car but it was declared a Total Loss.. (totaled) I was very lucky i bought the car when the prices were low.. they gave me full price of the car including some money for tint and Ppf. they paid off the loan and put the balance as a direct deposit into my act.. as soon as that was done i ordered a new car. was about 4 weeks and had a delivery date. i had to stall a little cause i was working on Finacing the new loan with my credit union.