Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New Car with cracked roof glass

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Interestingly, the crack is only on the inside - you can feel it on the inside, but it did not come all the way through the outside, so definitely a manufacturing defect. I'll call them ASAP tomorrow morning.

Interestingly, the crack is only on the inside - you can feel it on the inside, but it did not come all the way through the outside, so definitely a manufacturing defect. I'll call them ASAP tomorrow morning.
Yep, same with me. As I mentioned above, the service center rep tried to force me to pay for it. No f'in way. There was no way for me to see the crack unless I was specifically looking for it. Took me a few days to notice it.

So they ordered the wrong part - Raven models have some changes and they forget to check that I had a Raven model ahead of time. No ETA so I’m assuming another two to four weeks out.
The downside of not having model years, but rather continuous changes. They really need to run every car's VIN for configuration details before ordering any parts.

So, just to close the loop on my cracked Model S cracked roof experience, after initially taking my Model S to the SC on 24-May, I finally got a text on 2-Jul from Tesla that the replacement roof had arrived at the SC and to schedule an appointment. I wasn't able to take the car in until the 19th.

The replacement was done in a day, but they emailed me an invoice for the replacement. But after exchanging a couple of text messages, that got cleared up before I picked up the car.

Since then the car has been driven in the rain and been washed a couple of times. No leaks.

Overall, it was an appropriate, satisfactory ending. However, Tesla needs to do something about their automatic invoicing.

Reactions: croman and Sharps97