Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New cars coming with 2019.35.108 V10.1 ?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Model 3 AWD with FSD picked up 20 March also with 2019.35.108. Looking at google wifi it appears to have downloaded some kind of update at 256 MB yesterday, then today at around 4PM asked permission to update to software 2020.8.2 and did a 5.1 GB download. Excited to see what the difference is between 2019.35.108 and 2020.8.2.

Well my one day old M3P+ just got the update this afternoon. It failed to download a few times, then completed. I installed and it went through the whole process, then upon rebooting I got the update failed message with a non responsive screen. I waited a while then did the two button reset and now the screen won't boot at all. I can still move it, but can't connect to anything. I fortunately have a mobile service visit tomorrow. Here's hoping he can do something.

For me, I didn’t get the push notification on my phone until after the update finished downloading in the car, which had to be over Wifi apparently. Since I don’t have wifi where it’s parked, I had to:

- tether to my phone
- set phone to never lock
- start the download
- turn off bluetooth
- leave phone in car
- lock the car with the card
- go shopping and come back later

Oddly it didn’t seem to make much progress on the download while i was away from the car, not sure why.

Other than the WiFi requirement, the update process seems pretty good - I like how you can schedule it for overnight, and how you can follow the update progress remotely in the app. The iOS app is so slick in general.

Just got the update to 2020.8.2. Exactly 7 days after picking up my car. I’m not much for conspiracies but it hitting exactly on the return window sure is a coincidence lol. Looking forward to some of the good changes I have read about as well as buying the acceleration boost.

I ended up making a mobile service request over the weekend, per Tesla support chat suggestion. Last night they pushed an update and by noon today boost was ready in the car.

Had I not paid $2k for the upgrade, I would have been fine being patient, but if anyone else feels like they're in the same boat... that got it done.
I just finished downloading the update, but my acceleration boost is still not active. It shows the activation boost on the software screen, but in the driving display it still shows "standard" instead of "Sport". Was your boost there right after the update?

Just got the update to 2020.8.2. Exactly 7 days after picking up my car. I’m not much for conspiracies but it hitting exactly on the return window sure is a coincidence lol. Looking forward to some of the good changes I have read about as well as buying the acceleration boost.

Ha, I don't think it was that nefarious. I think a lot of people who bought in the last 30 days or so are getting the update today. At least it seems that way from reading through this thread.

Reactions: bcpm3p