Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New CAV Decal Color after September 30, 2021?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
California ARB website says that the access period is "three full years plus the partial year from when the decal was issued".

The program ends on September 30, 2025. Therefore, a decal issued after October 1, 2021 would be valid for three "full years plus the partial year from when the decal was issued", if the DMV transitioned to the new color on October 1, 2021 (the "three full years" would be October 1, 2022 through September 30, 2025 and the "partial year" would be issue date to September 30, 2022 although it wouldn't be a calendar year). Anyone want to take a guess on whether that will happen? I'll be watching closely, as if it does, I'll send out my application immediately instead of waiting until January 1, 2022.

California ARB website says that the access period is "three full years plus the partial year from when the decal was issued".

The program ends on September 30, 2025. Therefore, a decal issued after October 1, 2021 would be valid for three "full years plus the partial year from when the decal was issued", if the DMV transitioned to the new color on October 1, 2021 (the "three full years" would be October 1, 2022 through September 30, 2025 and the "partial year" would be issue date to September 30, 2022 although it wouldn't be a calendar year). Anyone want to take a guess on whether that will happen? I'll be watching closely, as if it does, I'll send out my application immediately instead of waiting until January 1, 2022.
Yeah I think it is probably easier for them to change the statement on the website than to change the schedule of the new decal.

I thought if one applies now and they get the blue before year end, they get the rest of 2021, plus three full years 2022-24. It expires Jan 1, 2025.

Most importantly, when do they typically announce the new color?! I’m tempted to put the paperwork in now, even if I’ll miss using it from 1/1/25 till the program expires in Sep 2025. The blue should look pretty decent on a midnight silver S and I’d hate to wait and get an ugly color next year…

I thought if one applies now and they get the blue before year end, they get the rest of 2021, plus three full years 2022-24. It expires Jan 1, 2025.

Most importantly, when do they typically announce the new color?! I’m tempted to put the paperwork in now, even if I’ll miss using it from 1/1/25 till the program expires in Sep 2025. The blue should look pretty decent on a midnight silver S and I’d hate to wait and get an ugly color next year…
It looks pretty good actually, but I'm partial!!!

Reactions: M3LA