Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New Center Console notice email

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Very interesting reading this thread about a "NEW" console. Almost 3 years ago I contacted Tesla to order a front center console with Lacewood, and was told I would be put on the list and that they would contact me shortly when it became available. Now, over 2 1/2 years later....not a peep! I wonder if the wait will be the same for the new console........

I received notification today from my local SC that the new and improved center console (to replace the optional center console that I purchased thru Tesla's online store) has arrived and requested that I schedule its installation. Due to complications my schedule, installation will have to until early June.

I received notification today from my local SC that the new and improved center console (to replace the optional center console that I purchased thru Tesla's online store) has arrived and requested that I schedule its installation. Due to complications my schedule, installation will have to until early June.

WOW that is great news! Thanks for the update RandyR! And as one of the first to get the new console, can we hope for pictures when done? Please?

Please read the first post in this thread. The email from Tesla that many of us received indicated that there would be
"Retractable Rear Cup Holders" in the new center console. We have not seen this yet but we expect it to be much like
the Model X center console and not the newer Model S standard console.

I need confirmation, I'm sorry for getting excited.

I need confirmation, I'm sorry for getting excited.
Yup we all need confirmation.... I just emailed my orders contact to ask when I can expect the new console to ship to my Milford, CT Service Center.... I will report back when I hear something. Also there is an additional item, the iPhone charger port that has to be installed as well.
I guess we just have to be patient...

Ok, got some info from Tesla Motors Online Orders here goes .... the "old" $600 center console option which was order able from Tesla Gear has just recently come back into stock for remainder of existing orders, and the "old" center console is shipping out to Service Centers for install. Thus, if you did not cancel your "old" center console and replace it with the "new" console you will be getting the call. BTW, if you did cancel the old center console you would have received a $600 refund to your credit card in Mid-April.

Now, In addition, I was told that the "new" $1200+ center console will begin shipping once supplies of it are available. At present it is not available for shipment yet.

So, if you recently received a call from your Service Center, that call is very probably for the installation of the "old" $600 drop in center console.

I am passing this information along, it comes from a person in Telsa Online Orders... I cannot vouch for that person's expertise in this matter.

I cancelled my order for the "old" center console and received my $600 credit, as a response to the email telling me that I can upgrade to the "new" center console. I received an email on Tuesday May 10 from the local SC telling me that my Center Console has been shipped to them and to schedule an appointment for installation. All indications to me is that this is for the "new" center console. Again, installation is scheduled for June 7th. I will post photos. I will also keep all of the old/removed parts, just because I like keeping old parts...

Randy:
I really hope that you are getting the "new" center console. You may want to check with your Service Center to insure that fact. Also, did they discuss the optional phone recharging hardware (if it is the new center console)? As I understand it that item is not a part of the $1200 fee. Can't wait to see the photos. PS, out cars are essentially "twins" from the appearance perspective. Lastly, What is an HOV sticker?

PS: I will want to keep the old parts/pieces too. Good move.

HOV stands for California "High Occupancy Vehicle", though clean energy vehicle qualify for them. It allows us to use the carpool lane even when driving solo.

Attachments

• upload_2016-5-14_11-28-30.png
    upload_2016-5-14_11-28-30.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 73
HOV stands for California "High Occupancy Vehicle", though clean energy vehicle qualify for them. It allows us to use the carpool lane even when driving solo.

Great, we have just a few carpool lanes here in CT on interstates, you just need 2 or more passengers in your car to use them. No sticker is required. Sadly, we have virtually NO clean energy vehicle policies in place at this time that I am aware of in order to use those lanes.

I officially have console jealousy syndrom; CJS.

I have the old console installed as of last year, they added it at the service center. The new integrated one looks so much better. In my experience, the old one 1) moves a bit much on the side, 2) looks more temporary, 3) has the bright white stitching that matches nothing else in the car, 4) the piano black is very scratched up easily/subpar, and 5) the flipping part is starting to rub on sides which have shifted and not open all the way without a manual push - bit annoying

New one looks much more solid and would have been probably worth the $600 that the old was...