Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New Center Console notice email

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Anyone looking for a nice and inexpensive rear console on the floor that holds 2 cups and a tissue box can try this. Fits perfectly behind the center console on the floor.

Attachments

• IMG_2622.JPG
    IMG_2622.JPG
    33.3 KB · Views: 133
Here's my first attempt at posting pictures on this forum... Yes, I have next gen seats. Driving today (50+ miles) to and from the Factory for a tour (yeah!) I heard no rattles or squeaks. My only issue so far is that regular USB cables seem to get jammed in the hinge mechanism. I'm either going to use a coiled cable or a flat cable that can be routed out of the rear compartment, so I can lay my phone on top of the rear compartment cover (make sense?). Rear USB ports would have been another great improvement...

P.S. If anyone local wants to meet up for a look, then just let me know...

IMG_20160608_155156081_HDR[1].jpg
IMG_20160608_155206782[1].jpg
IMG_20160608_155216656[1].jpg
IMG_20160608_155235615[1].jpg
IMG_20160608_155244302[1].jpg

Here's my first attempt at posting pictures on this forum... Yes, I have next gen seats. Driving today (50+ miles) to and from the Factory for a tour (yeah!) I heard no rattles or squeaks. My only issue so far is that regular USB cables seem to get jammed in the hinge mechanism. I'm either going to use a coiled cable or a flat cable that can be routed out of the rear compartment, so I can lay my phone on top of the rear compartment cover (make sense?). Rear USB ports would have been another great improvement...

View attachment 180109 View attachment 180110 View attachment 180111 View attachment 180112 View attachment 180113

Seriously?! It's not an option for the rest of us?!

Reactions: newtman
Am I missing something, or is this essentially a slight redesign of the original drop in center console, with the rear cupholders added, at double the price?

I realize it is all one piece now, with the center armrests, but those came with the car, so unless you have use for the extra set that is going to be taken out of the car when this is installed, I'm not sure how that matters.

I'm not trying to be cynical. I seriously want to know if I am missing some additional new feature.

Am I missing something, or is this essentially a slight redesign of the original drop in center console, with the rear cupholders added, at double the price?

I realize it is all one piece now, with the center armrests, but those came with the car, so unless you have use for the extra set that is going to be taken out of the car when this is installed, I'm not sure how that matters.

I'm not trying to be cynical. I seriously want to know if I am missing some additional new feature.

You are right. It is now integrated so it will look seemless, and two rear cup holders!

I stuck with the original order and took the $600 and got a dash/rear cam setup.

• Helpful
Reactions: Andyw2100
Thanks for the pics, RandyR! It seems a shame that Tesla isn't already adding this to new cars with the integrated center console. The incremental cost must be quite low, and it could streamline the build process! I'll bet it gets rolled in with future updates (and with my luck, a week after I get my new MS!!).

Alright, so I've heard what is basically a standard Tesla non-committal response from the Online Order team.

This product is called the "Integrated Console" and it will be for sale at some point in the to-be-determined future in some yet to-be-determined trims (this just in, they are using your trim pieces and armrests that you already have to transplant, no confirmation on what happens to the extra pieces). As far as they know, there is no waiting list/wishlist to get on. Those who ordered the premium center console after the release of the 70D/75D were given the option of this Integrated Console first/instead.

Not sure if the 70D/75D/90D will come with the cupholders eventually. So far, to my knowledge, no one has confirmed sightings of rear-cupholders in demo cars as of yet.

• Informative
So bizarre that the retrofit center console and the current production one are different. From a design and supply chain side of things, this has to be not very efficient. It's seems like one group isn't talking to the other. Maybe there was some rhyme to the reason here, but nothing apparent that I can think of other than two different vendors and under different schedules.

So bizarre that the retrofit center console and the current production one are different. From a design and supply chain side of things, this has to be not very efficient. It's seems like one group isn't talking to the other. Maybe there was some rhyme to the reason here, but nothing apparent that I can think of other than two different vendors and under different schedules.
My guess is that they first created the console without the rear cup holders, then added them on. Since they are charging so much for the upgrade, they are selling the ones with the cup holders first. Future MS will have the cup holders when the current supply runs out.

My guess is that they first created the console without the rear cup holders, then added them on. Since they are charging so much for the upgrade, they are selling the ones with the cup holders first. Future MS will have the cup holders when the current supply runs out.
That's BS. I want rear cup holders.

Actually, on a potentially $100k+ vehicle, no rear cup holders was a huge oversight.

View attachment 180109 View attachment 180110 View attachment 180111 View attachment 180112 View attachment 180113

Alright, so I've heard what is basically a standard Tesla non-committal response from the Online Order team.

This product is called the "Integrated Console" and it will be for sale at some point in the to-be-determined future in some yet to-be-determined trims (this just in, they are using your trim pieces and armrests that you already have to transplant, no confirmation on what happens to the extra pieces). As far as they know, there is no waiting list/wishlist to get on. Those who ordered the premium center console after the release of the 70D/75D were given the option of this Integrated Console first/instead.

Not sure if the 70D/75D/90D will come with the cupholders eventually. So far, to my knowledge, no one has confirmed sightings of rear-cupholders in demo cars as of yet.

Per my DS mine goes into production in a week, lets see what happens

The elusive rear cup holders, clearly some form of add on which is a different color than the current center arm rest.

Confirmed. Yes, the technician at the local SC re-installed the armrests and a few other pieces, and I asked for my "take-off" pieces to be retained/returned to me. Upon pick up of our MS, there was large box in the back with the "take-off" pieces.

Wow, it looks much better than the $600 drop in those of us in the past had installed. That one has thin walls that flex, the flip cover scrapes along the side on mine so doesn't open the full way now, and overall it scratches too easy and is a pretty mediocre quality product :-/

Confirmed. Yes, the technician at the local SC re-installed the armrests and a few other pieces, and I asked for my "take-off" pieces to be retained/returned to me. Upon pick up of our MS, there was large box in the back with the "take-off" pieces.

Randy, in your expert opinion....

Are there enough pieces left over to take a sawzall to the bottom and fashion a rear center console?

Wow, it looks much better than the $600 drop in those of us in the past had installed. That one has thin walls that flex, the flip cover scrapes along the side on mine so doesn't open the full way now, and overall it scratches too easy and is a pretty mediocre quality product :-/
Yeah, the new one looks more solid than the drop-in version I have from Tesla.

The drop-in definitely feels flimsy. The piano black surface on it is covered micro-swirl type scratches that catch the light, despite me never putting anything on top of it. The phone charger aspect of it never really held a phone in place at all for me, if the phone tipped a bit side to side it'd stop charging (micro-USB Android) and my current S7 it apparently doesn't even plug in deep enough to charge... oh-well.

Shame its $1200... but i understand the install time is probably significant compared to the drop-in. Maybe when the drop-in reaches it's end of life I'll look to upgrade.