TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

New Center Console - Rear Cup Holders??!!

Discussion in 'Model S' started by RamshakleZ, Jun 17, 2016.

1. RamshakleZ

RamshakleZ Member

2. MorrisonHiker

MorrisonHiker Beta Tester

#2 MorrisonHiker, Jun 17, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 17, 2016
    From the description, it sounded like the same model they released in March but looking at the pictures, I do see the rear cupholders.
    [​IMG]
    Comparing the X to the S, this was one of the features I expected when placing my order for the S in April. There were a few features missing which caused me to delay my delivery for a few months. Hopefully this will be added to new builds along with other features so I can push up my delivery. Maybe it's a retrofittable part that can be added to the refreshed cars that have already been delivered?

3. liuping

liuping Active Member

If it make you feel better, we have to pay $1250 for a console that you got it for free. :)

4. icdevin

icdevin Member

My order is in the production queue and I'd like ths upgrade w/ the rear holders, too. Should I ask the DS about it?

5. MorrisonHiker

MorrisonHiker Beta Tester

It's probably too new for the DS to know about it yet. So far, there's just mention of it for the add-on console but I would assume it will be added to new builds soon, if it hasn't been added already. Nevertheless, it wouldn't hurt to ask and point out the new feature mentioned here: Model S Integrated Center Console

6. zambono

zambono Member

It's probably not an upgrade either you get the latest revision with cupholders or they are still installing the version without. More than likely since it has been officially announced vehicles in production would be getting the new console with rear cup holders.

7. supratachophobia

supratachophobia Active Member

The rumor is that the unit with cupholders will make it into production run Model S's, but no one can seem to answer the when exactly if it hasn't happened already.

8. TATsla

TATsla New Member

I ordered mine mid-August (estimate delivery late Sep - early Oct) and it has an "Integrated Center Console", one must assume new build Model S will all have the same add-on center console from Tesla Shop, with the integrated rear-facing cupholders.

9. Model S M.D.

Model S M.D. Ludicrous Radiologist

I confirmed 8/24 with estimated delivery Late Sept/Oct and my design spec also lists "Integrated Center Console". Hopefully I get the rear cup holders!

10. Lyon

Lyon 2016 S P100DL, 2016 X P90D

I really hope that my car has the rear cup holders. Not having anything back there is kind of a pain in the ass and I'd really hate to have to spend an additional $1250 to get the one listed on the aftermarket accessories page.

11. Buddy

Buddy Member

Hate to be the bearer of bad news but the "new integrated console" does not have rear cup holders. Check out the middle s delivery thread. Vehicles delivered this week didn't not have rear cup holders and no information has pointed to ever having them come standard.

Wish they did! I'm picking my car up on Saturday and it went into production about a week ago. I'll be sure to post if they have them but I'd sure be surprised.

• Informative x 1