Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New CHAdeMO Charger at Sam's Club in Rogers, Ar

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

efusco

Moderator - Model S & X forums
For anyone who lives in or travels through Northwest Arkansas, the Sam's Club in Rogers, AR had a recent renovation which included installation of several EV charging stalls including 2 J1772, at least one SAE, and at least one CHAdeMO charger (All EvGo brand). My wife took advantage of having that there this week as she drove from our home near Springfield, MO to Fort Smith, AR. There's one Tesla Destination Charger in Springdale/Fayetteville area, but otherwise no good charging options anywhere else in the area, so the CHAdeMO was a nice addition.

She had minor issues with it as both the Southbound trip and her return trip today it spontaneously stopped charging for no apparent reason. She took several tries to get it restarted the first time, but didn't bother the second time as she had adequate charge to get home. Neither time was it ICE'd despite them being right next to the main entrance.

She got about 110 miles per hour of range at just under 400v and around 90amps (they varied a bit)

3500 SE Club Blvd, Rogers, AR

Attachments

• image1.JPG
    image1.JPG
    221 KB · Views: 121
  • image2.JPG
    image2.JPG
    263.1 KB · Views: 82
Reactions: benjiejr and JMG
This is very good news. Now it's easy to use CHAdeMO. I thought Sam's Club/Walmart were installing CCS also. Did they do that at Rogers?

For anyone who lives in or travels through Northwest Arkansas, the Sam's Club in Rogers, AR had a recent renovation which included installation of several EV charging stalls including 2 J1772, at least one SAE, and at least one CHAdeMO charger (All EvGo brand). My wife took advantage of having that there this week as she drove from our home near Springfield, MO to Fort Smith, AR. There's one Tesla Destination Charger in Springdale/Fayetteville area, but otherwise no good charging options anywhere else in the area, so the CHAdeMO was a nice addition.

She had minor issues with it as both the Southbound trip and her return trip today it spontaneously stopped charging for no apparent reason. She took several tries to get it restarted the first time, but didn't bother the second time as she had adequate charge to get home.
The EVGo CHAdeMOs shut off after 30 min. Perhaps that is what she experienced?

My wife and I used the Chademo en route from Conway,AR to KC. Really appreciate Sam's Club for installing this. We didn't have a card so had to call. Had trouble connecting the first few times so just used our credit card. They did charge us $18 for three sessions but after calling them they reduced it to $10. Will bring card next time. By the way efusco, how is that SC in Springfield coming along? It will be a great help for those in central Arkansas wishing to drive north.

My wife and I used the Chademo en route from Conway,AR to KC. Really appreciate Sam's Club for installing this. We didn't have a card so had to call. Had trouble connecting the first few times so just used our credit card. They did charge us $18 for three sessions but after calling them they reduced it to $10. Will bring card next time. By the way efusco, how is that SC in Springfield coming along? It will be a great help for those in central Arkansas wishing to drive north.
Just announced that it will happen about a week or two ago, so I think it's going to be a while. Rolla has been approved for over 6 months now and still no construction. They're building in Tulsa right now, so I'm praying that Rolla is next.