TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

New CHAdeMO Charger at Sam's Club in Rogers, Ar

Discussion in 'North America' started by efusco, May 18, 2016.

1. efusco

efusco Moderator - Model S & X forums

For anyone who lives in or travels through Northwest Arkansas, the Sam's Club in Rogers, AR had a recent renovation which included installation of several EV charging stalls including 2 J1772, at least one SAE, and at least one CHAdeMO charger (All EvGo brand). My wife took advantage of having that there this week as she drove from our home near Springfield, MO to Fort Smith, AR. There's one Tesla Destination Charger in Springdale/Fayetteville area, but otherwise no good charging options anywhere else in the area, so the CHAdeMO was a nice addition.

She had minor issues with it as both the Southbound trip and her return trip today it spontaneously stopped charging for no apparent reason. She took several tries to get it restarted the first time, but didn't bother the second time as she had adequate charge to get home. Neither time was it ICE'd despite them being right next to the main entrance.

She got about 110 miles per hour of range at just under 400v and around 90amps (they varied a bit)

3500 SE Club Blvd, Rogers, AR

Attached Files:

• Like x 2
  2. jbcarioca

jbcarioca Active Member

Rio de Janeiro, Brazil and Coral Gables, FL
    This is very good news. Now it's easy to use CHAdeMO. I thought Sam's Club/Walmart were installing CCS also. Did they do that at Rogers?

3. efusco

Yes, according to PlugShare. I haven't been there to see exactly what they have.
    PlugShare

4. jbcarioca

jbcarioca Active Member

Rio de Janeiro, Brazil and Coral Gables, FL
    Thanks. I should have checked Plugshare myself.:oops:

5. TexasEV

TexasEV Active Member

The EVGo CHAdeMOs shut off after 30 min. Perhaps that is what she experienced?

6. Vizir

Vizir Member

do you have to sign up for evgo's card to be able to use this?

7. Vizir

Vizir Member

update: I used this charger over the weekend. had signed up for evgo account and called in to start charging (my evgo card arrived yesterday). the charger also has a slot for credit cards.

• Like x 1
  8. efusco

I don't believe you're charged for it though, correct?

9. Vizir

Vizir Member

no idea. i will know when they charge my account. their website has no customer portal and they have no mobile app.

10. CarlA

CarlA Member

My wife and I used the Chademo en route from Conway,AR to KC. Really appreciate Sam's Club for installing this. We didn't have a card so had to call. Had trouble connecting the first few times so just used our credit card. They did charge us $18 for three sessions but after calling them they reduced it to $10. Will bring card next time. By the way efusco, how is that SC in Springfield coming along? It will be a great help for those in central Arkansas wishing to drive north.

11. efusco

Just announced that it will happen about a week or two ago, so I think it's going to be a while. Rolla has been approved for over 6 months now and still no construction. They're building in Tulsa right now, so I'm praying that Rolla is next.