Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New Chademo station in St. Petersburg on Beach Drive

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
There is a new charging station on Beach Dr. in St. Petersburg Fl. Its a Chademo/DC fast combo deal, never have seen a charger like this.
I parked there last night and tried to use it but it was not functional yet, appears to have just been installed.
Its right by all the restaurants, you do have to pay to park not sure if you have to pay to charge there is a chargepoint logo on the back of it.

There is a new charging station on Beach Dr. in St. Petersburg Fl. Its a Chademo/DC fast combo deal, never have seen a charger like this.
I parked there last night and tried to use it but it was not functional yet, appears to have just been installed.
Its right by all the restaurants, you do have to pay to park not sure if you have to pay to charge there is a chargepoint logo on the back of it.

It's a Greenlots station. I've never heard of them before a few weeks ago. It's identical to the Chademo station in the USFSP parking garage that is operational. Sorry Rick.:frown:

Been using it recently. Still finicky, but very useful. Scanning the QR code still doesn't work, and the RFID tag still doesn't work, but manually typing in the code works.

For whatever reason, they have reduced the maximum amperage to 90 amps recently, so the max charge rate is about 108-110 mph (384V at 88-90A). Seems not important, but the extra 10-12mph really matters to my morning timing as I'm always in a rush in the morning).