TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

New changes in service plans?

Discussion in 'Model S' started by vigge50, Aug 7, 2018.

1. vigge50

vigge50 Member

I just saw that the service plans for Model S and X have been changed, is this something that have happened just lately or have I missed it?

Now service 1, 3 and 2,4 is exactly the same and you don’t need to change the battery coolant until 8 years or 100k miles.

99EFF541-F546-44EE-B2A4-95A6CF600CC5.jpeg

As you can’t see the price anymore until you logged in on MyTesla I was wondering if someone can check if Tesla have change the price for the sevice?

2. trm2

trm2 Member

I'm in the US, I don't know if the prices are universal.
    3 year $1,625
    4 year $2,400

3. boaterva

boaterva Supporting Member

So how much are we paying for wiper blades and fob batteries? (Year 1) I doubt I need a rotation, haven't driven much (work from home, couple of vacation trips). I was counting on the fluid change the first year being worth it.

Of course, lol, the fob battery change needs a service visit half the time now, since the cars get upset (as I found out when I did this myself).

4. dark cloud

dark cloud Member

This is what I get everytime I try to access the service plans page through >support

Screen Shot 2018-08-07 at 7.44.50 AM.png

5. Saimaannorppa

Saimaannorppa Member

Interesting. I was going to skip 1st year service, but I had another question for SC, so I called them and asked what is in the 1st year service plan for Model S.

Power train (DU) fluid changes are still in the schedule for 1st year according to the SC. This was not VIN specific because he didn't ask for VIN until I booked appointment.

For longevity of the car, if you're going to keep it beyond warranty, DU fluid change seems like a critical service especially after breaking in.

6. tstafford

tstafford Supporting Member

If Tesla thought it was critical they’d bake it in to the price. I lease my Tesla and can’t imagine why I’d pay to have the DU fluid changed since it’s fully optional.

7. Saimaannorppa

Saimaannorppa Member

Of course you don't need to worry about resale value or technical issues when leasing, and not planning to buy the car.

My point was that the fluid change is on the maintenance steps list, baked in, no extra fee at my SC. Weird that it is not in the service plan table presented in the 1st post, and not on my car page either.

This may lead to some (non-leasing) owners opting to not do the maintenance.

8. .jg.

.jg. Member

"Too many redirects" can sometimes be resolved by clearing the browser's cache and cookies.

As has been discussed in these forums previously, drive unit fluid replacement has also been removed from the regular services. They aren't really doing much for the money.
    How Much To Service Your Tesla?

9. Xenius

Xenius Member

I did year 1 service about 3 months early. Now at 24 months of ownership I haven't done another service. Wiper blades still seem to be holding up well.

10. Saimaannorppa

Saimaannorppa Member

Are you saying that the service rep at the SC who read the list of operations directly from Tesla's system today, is wrong, and DU fluid change is not part of service?

11. jaguar36

jaguar36 Active Member

Its quite possible its different in Finland. Its also quite possible he didn't read the list of operations from the system today, but read a printout, a cached version or was just doing it from memory. Its also possible that Tesla corporate has removed it, but the news hasn't been communicated to all the service centers yet.

12. .jg.

.jg. Member

It used to be listed in the schedule but it was removed a couple of months ago. My car just had a two year service, here in the UK and drive unit fluid replacement was not listed in the printout the SC gave me. There seems to be some variance between SCs, as to whether or not they consider it necessary. If your SC is still doing it, just be happy and don't ask them if they have it wrong ;)

• Like x 1
  13. dark cloud

dark cloud Member

Finland likes to use much more oil than the US. In some time they will catch up to the US' environmental policies, become more green, and then the Finnish SC's will not waste the fluid as well. :D

• Funny x 1
  14. NHK X

NHK X Laus Deo

I asked a tech at my local SC, and he said the first year isn’t really needed. If he had to recommend he said he would do the even years, if that.

15. Chaz

Chaz Big Kahuna

Anyone know what the cost is for each service if you didn't purchase the maintenance plan?

16. Saimaannorppa

Saimaannorppa Member

Coming back to this, yeah, the service rep was reading old information. Double checked on site, DU fluid change is not in the 4 year plan.

• Like x 1
  17. smilepak

smilepak Active Member

I wonder if they drop the price since they took out coolant service

• Like x 1
  18. kutkuzak

kutkuzak Patrick

I took my 90D S in for its first year service several months ago. I fully expected the DU oil replacement but was told that it's no onger done. The chart was updated to not include but at the time it was still listed in the text description of work performed. Months before it was in the chart as well. The tech assured me it was changed and that it was now only every *12* years. Of course, they didn't change the price either, so it was a VERY expensive service for what little they performed. I'll likely only go every other year now.