Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New changes to Model S

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
European configurator now shows increased range when selecting 19in rims:
723km for S Long Range
695km for S Plaid
This could be the optimization that is being rumored to being worked on with the new refresh of the refresh of the last year refresh lol. But seriously Im hoping the rumors of the upcoming model s launching 3 or 4th quarter this year will have 515 miles per charge LR because project highland model 3 will hit 405 miles and the distance between the s and the 3 needs to be there economically.
List of rumors from this site, electrek, inside ev, reddit, other places I cant name. (again these are rumors I hold no value in their information but I have vetted the nonsense that I was able to which means its still some nonsense left but some truth also.)

Next model S (Post Launch of Cybertruck and Project Highland) 3rd to 4th quarter release
*Model S LR 450 miles
*Model S Plaid 425 m
*(Still being discussed 515 miles Model S Plaid (R or +) 515 miles
*Interior display is upgraded to a thinner bezeled higher resolution front display with an upgraded driver display
*New radar system
*Hw4
*New tires that are currently in testing made specifically for high torque high hp evs from continental and pirelli and michelin ( these tires are being tested on model s plaid but are being made for Tesla, Porsche, Audi, Ford, Kia, Hyundai, Stallantis. These tires are supposed to be sticky but also able to handle the weight and support needed by High torque Evs.
*Tesla is currently discussing a return of the 6 seat configuration (potential Tax incentive edition if the market allows)
Its some other rumors that I haven't filtered through that I wouldn't even post here as the ones in the know will laugh at some of the rumors, the ones in the know may laugh at some of the rumors I just posted because they know more, Iykyk. If anyone can dispute or correct some of the information I have gotten please and thank you in advance.

First thing I thought with that offer.

70,000 white/white zero accidents. Was offered 30K trade sale on a 2022 plaid.
have a definite sale it probably 26 to a friend,TElsa wont say why so low.
We might have talked about it, I am not sure, but I traded mine into another dealer. I would recommend taking a day and seeing what other dealers will offer. I had a M3SR+ with 45k-ish miles, and was able to get an offer (before price drops of course) for $29.5k. I would assume with a higher mile performance you could see the mid $20k's right now, you just have to find the right dealer.

I went through KBB.com, got their "Instant Cash Offer" thing; and braced for the spam. Within minutes I had appointments at about a dozen dealers. The price swing was really wild, I had offers (again, before price drop) as low as $21k from CarMax, multiple offers around $25k, a couple dealerships that didn't realize the car was electric 🤣... and they didn't want it then, and two higher offers one at $27k and one at $29.5k. Tesla was estimating a trade in value of $19-21k... so no sir. Why don't they want to buy their own cars back? this surprises me.

• Informative
Reactions: TSLA Pilot
This could be the optimization that is being rumored to being worked on with the new refresh of the refresh of the last year refresh lol. But seriously Im hoping the rumors of the upcoming model s launching 3 or 4th quarter this year will have 515 miles per charge LR because project highland model 3 will hit 405 miles and the distance between the s and the 3 needs to be there economically.
List of rumors from this site, electrek, inside ev, reddit, other places I cant name. (again these are rumors I hold no value in their information but I have vetted the nonsense that I was able to which means its still some nonsense left but some truth also.)

Next model S (Post Launch of Cybertruck and Project Highland) 3rd to 4th quarter release
*Model S LR 450 miles
*Model S Plaid 425 m
*(Still being discussed 515 miles Model S Plaid (R or +) 515 miles
*Interior display is upgraded to a thinner bezeled higher resolution front display with an upgraded driver display
*New radar system
*Hw4
*New tires that are currently in testing made specifically for high torque high hp evs from continental and pirelli and michelin ( these tires are being tested on model s plaid but are being made for Tesla, Porsche, Audi, Ford, Kia, Hyundai, Stallantis. These tires are supposed to be sticky but also able to handle the weight and support needed by High torque Evs.
*Tesla is currently discussing a return of the 6 seat configuration (potential Tax incentive edition if the market allows)
Its some other rumors that I haven't filtered through that I wouldn't even post here as the ones in the know will laugh at some of the rumors, the ones in the know may laugh at some of the rumors I just posted because they know more, Iykyk. If anyone can dispute or correct some of the information I have gotten please and thank you in advance.
Please clarify: Rumored 10% range increase due to OTA software, or is it hardware changes? Assuming the latter but LMK, thanks!

We might have talked about it, I am not sure, but I traded mine into another dealer. I would recommend taking a day and seeing what other dealers will offer. I had a M3SR+ with 45k-ish miles, and was able to get an offer (before price drops of course) for $29.5k. I would assume with a higher mile performance you could see the mid $20k's right now, you just have to find the right dealer.

I went through KBB.com, got their "Instant Cash Offer" thing; and braced for the spam. Within minutes I had appointments at about a dozen dealers. The price swing was really wild, I had offers (again, before price drop) as low as $21k from CarMax, multiple offers around $25k, a couple dealerships that didn't realize the car was electric 🤣... and they didn't want it then, and two higher offers one at $27k and one at $29.5k. Tesla was estimating a trade in value of $19-21k... so no sir. Why don't they want to buy their own cars back? this surprises me.
I use this. It’s free and does a excellent job.

black book values

• Informative
Reactions: zoomer0056
Reactions: Duke846
Please clarify: Rumored 10% range increase due to OTA software, or is it hardware changes? Assuming the latter but LMK, thanks!
Its both but not major hardware changes more like efficiency updates to its current hardware making it more effective, less parts which weight less, better software, etc. This information is not based on 4680 cells as model S 4680 information is very very close to the vest with tesla but Im hearing alot of chatter that will be shared after highland its all on the Cybertruck and Model S.

Its both but not major hardware changes more like efficiency updates to its current hardware making it more effective, less parts which weight less, better software, etc. This information is not based on 4680 cells as model S 4680 information is very very close to the vest with tesla but Im hearing alot of chatter that will be shared after highland its all on the Cybertruck and Model S.
Where did you hear this? for the Plaid?

Where did you hear this? for the Plaid?
I dont have the specific model information, so I wont assume, but I do know they have four new targets for miles per charge 405 449 and 515 and 509 I dont know what cars they are for but I do know those numbers are for cars coming out of fremont that is not currently using 4680 so X and S. ( its limited info but thats all i got)

I dont have the specific model information, so I wont assume, but I do know they have four new targets for miles per charge 405 449 and 515 and 509 I dont know what cars they are for but I do know those numbers are for cars coming out of fremont that is not currently using 4680 so X and S. ( its limited info but thats all i got)
Did this info come from Teslarati?

Reactions: Duke846
I didn’t ask you that. Pretty good indication you’re probably not telling the truth.

Reactions: zoomer0056