TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

new charge port behavior

Discussion in 'Model S: Battery & Charging' started by supratachophobia, Apr 25, 2015.

1. supratachophobia

supratachophobia Active Member

After 6.2, the charge port is now opening with the button on the mobile connector regardless of door lock state, when parked at the 'home' location.

Can anyone else confirm this feature for themselves? I think it is great. And the only other home GPS tagged feature I would request is auto fold side mirrors when a home link button is activated and GPS detects the home location.

2. Half Dollar Bill

Half Dollar Bill Traveller, teacher, poet, accountant

Maybe I misunderstand, but I've been able to open my charge port with the mobile connector at home since delivery over a year ago.

I'd slightly disagree with your mirror recommendation as I need them to back into my garage, so folding them when I open the garage door wouldn't help.

3. supratachophobia

supratachophobia Active Member

As with all features, an option for those who need it would be nice.

But this new charge port door function is without the key fob present. I recall needing the key fob to open charge port door before and disengage the locking pin.