TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

New Chargepoint app

Discussion in 'North America' started by TexasEV, Sep 10, 2014.

1. TexasEV

TexasEV Active Member

The updated Chargepoint iPhone app out this week shows the kW for each of their charging stations. All the ones I looked at were listed as 6.6kW, but including that information suggests they may be planning higher amp stations.

The app includes stations in other charging networks but not non-networked charging stations, so it's not as comprehensive as Plugshare. It doesn't list the kW of the non-Chargepoint stations, at least not yet.

2. Lloyd

Lloyd Active Member

I tried to add non-networked charge stations to thier site. Charge stations that I installed years ago appear, but they refuse to add new ones. I was told by chargepoint that they took government data to build their site, but will not take new submissions. IMO, they need to show all available stations and highlight theirs if they want to be the primary "go to " app for finding a charging location.

3. RiverBrick

RiverBrick Active Member

Unfortunately, it also suggests that there's no information on the voltage and most of those stations are actually ~6.0kW.

4. SFOTurtle

SFOTurtle Active Member

So what's new in the app that's noteworthy?

5. PhilBa

PhilBa Active Member

Agreed. With that weird restriction, it may not be useless but it will certainly be used less...

6. swaltner

swaltner Member

I saw the following comment last night on our EV mailing list at work:

There aren't any ChargePoint stations in my neck of the woods, so I don't use it and can't comment on

7. Kandiru

Kandiru Member

The ChargePoint station in Parkersbug, WV does not even come up on their map, but it sure does on PlugShare, go figure.

8. CliffG

CliffG Member

Chargepoint admins can/do setup access policies for their units and can determine both who can use as well as who can see their units. Having someone then list a station in Plugshare kind of defeats the purpose of not making it visible in the Chargepoint network. Go figure.