TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

New chargers at Hyatt Place Charlottesville VA

Discussion in 'Mid-Atlantic' started by carrerascott, Nov 15, 2013.

1. carrerascott

carrerascott FUEL FTR

Two chargers at back entrance at the brand new Hyatt Place. gy2ataju.jpg dena3edu.jpg

2. jthompson

jthompson JThompson

Very cool - might have to take a short vacation there! Thanks for the update!

3. DFibRL8R

DFibRL8R Member

This looks much better than the 120 V outlet in the loading dock of the Double Tree I've been using! Thanks for posting.

4. carrerascott

carrerascott FUEL FTR

The manager is very EV friendly and pushed hard to get these installed. Be sure to mention your appreciation for providing this. (They're free for guests).

5. JST

JST Active Member

6. Plug Me In

Plug Me In Member

That's a great leap forward for C-ville! Hopefully that will force the Omni to keep pace and maybe seed a few others around town.

7. bluetinc

bluetinc Member

Carrerascott,

Are those 70A or 80A 240V?

Peter

8. carrerascott

carrerascott FUEL FTR

Sorry not sure. If I have time I'll stop by again. Or give them a call!

9. Todd Burch

Todd Burch Electron Pilot

Awesome! Pretty sure I'll be using these in the future! Thanks Scott!

10. bluetinc

bluetinc Member

If you do get a chance, and it is a verified high power charger, I'd like to get it added to ChadS map. Just let me know.

Peter

11. DFibRL8R

DFibRL8R Member

#11 DFibRL8R, Mar 12, 2014
    Last edited: Mar 12, 2014
    photo.PNG

Charged today and this is what was showing so indeed it is a high power J-1772. Unfortunately, I don't have the twin chargers so could only draw at about 40 amps but this is still much better than a typical J-1772 which usually only gives 17mi/hr charge. There is an on-site restaurant so use of that may allow access to charger without being an overnight guest. I had a coffee :)

12. Only Trons

Only Trons Member

Interestingly, I telephoned the Hyatt about a week ago to ask about their policy regarding use of the chargers. The person I spoke with told me the chargers were only for use of guests staying at the hotel. She even put me on hold for a moment to check with her manager; when she returned to the phone she confirmed that their policy is the chargers are for use of hotel guests only. Perhaps by "hotel guests" she meant those staying overnight or those using the restaurant, but she did not make that clear and I did not think to ask.

I am planning a trip to Charlottesville in April. I've figured out my charging plan so won't need the use of the chargers at the Hyatt, but I thought I would share this information with others. I included a comment on Plug Share to share this information.

13. JohnGarziglia

They are 100 amp Clipper Creek CS-100 charging stations with J1772 connectors. If you have a Roadster 2.0 or 2.5, be sure that it has the latest Version 4.6.8 firmware installed (for the 1.5, it is the Version 3.6.12 firmware). See Fix for Roadster 80A Charging Bug.

I tried to charge with the previous firmware and could not charge. I have not yet tried them with the new firmware.