TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC
Start a Discussionhttps://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/tags/

New Charging Locations in SW Florida

Discussion in 'North America' started by NigelM, Apr 16, 2012.

1. NigelM

NigelM Recovering Member

Over in the local sections there's some notes for specific cities implementing charging stations:

St. Petersburg - Would be helpful if the city published a list of locations.
    Sarasota - Although not all the stations the city is touting seem to be there yet!
    Venice - Pleasant locations and at restaurants.

2. jordanthompson

jordanthompson 2010 2.0 Sport, VIN 0683

My wife and I are heading to Tampa/St Pete/Sarasota area this weekend. Originally my wife booked a random hotel, then asked if we were taking the roadster. I pointed out that it would be awkward to sit around while its charging and that we should have booked a hotel with a charger. She now tells me we can change the booking if I know of a hotel. "No problem," I answered, "I have google to help me!" Well guess what? I can't find a convenient list of hotels in the Tampa area with chargers! You'd think this would be built into chargepoint or plugshare or even google, but I couldn't find it. Anyone have any suggestions? I am not entirely sure where we are actually going (its a friend's wedding) so a list would be great.

thanks in advance...

3. Larry Chanin

Larry Chanin President, Florida Tesla Enthusiasts

Hi Jordan,

Here's some ideas:

St. Petersburg:
    Loews Don CeSar Hotel

Sarasota:
    Hampton Inn - SRQ Airport

I used the Recargo application to search for these locations.

If your're in Sarasota and your schedule permits, give me a call. Maybe the four of us can get together for drinks.

Regards,

Larry