Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New charging stations in Derry NH

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
7B07CE97-576A-4ADA-A587-662CB02A7DE7.jpeg Saw on a local FB post that new charging stations installations were completed. I went by and found the J-1772 plug (1) operational. I assume the Tesla chargers (3) are on the same feed. I don’t have a Tesla to test it yet.

Sorry if this has been covered. I did not find anything with a search.

Chris

(42.8822643,-71.3262717) On McAllister court

Reactions: Nikxice
View attachment 305749 Saw on a local FB post that new charging stations installations were completed. I went by and found the J-1772 plug (1) operational. I assume the Tesla chargers (3) are on the same feed. I don’t have a Tesla to test it yet.

Sorry if this has been covered. I did not find anything with a search.

Chris

(42.8822643,-71.3262717) On McAllister court

Thanks for posting. Can't say for sure if these will get listed on Tesla's destination charging map. It's probably been over a year now and I don't think the 80A@277V HPWC in Nashua mentioned by radiod77 has shown up yet on Tesla's website.

Credit Derry for installing 3 HPWC's, even if limited to 32A. Who knows, maybe someone at your town hall has their sights set on eventually purchasing a few Model 3's for municipal employees.

The site in Nashua might not ever be added to Tesla's site if it wasn't installed as part of the destination charging program. Also even if it was, the Model 3 will not charge off 277v chargers. There's speculation that's the reason 277v installation instructions/support was dropped from the HPWC.

Confusing for owners to have some HPWC work with certain Tesla models but not with others. Too bad, 277v charging is nice!

There's also unconfirmed rumors newer S & X won't take 277v either, but I haven't seen any hard data on that.

Drove to the back of town hall today. The units looked like HPWC's. When I plugged in I found that they would only charge to 32a. I was hoping they would be a closer alternative to the 80a unit off Spit Brook Rd.in Nashua.
I think the pre-existing service there was 200A. The town committee that worked on this installation received the chargers for free and was looking to save as much money as possible. I am very pleased that they did not go through with a plan to charge for the electricity.

I wish the town would look into alternative fuel vehicles. They seem to always get large cars/SUVs. Model 3s would be forward thinking.

Also if you look at the plugshare map there is a lack of public chargers in southern NH east of I93 outside of Salem and Manchester.

My parents live in Southern NH. Part of the reason they probably won't buy a Model 3, even though my dad was a 3/31 online reservation is the lack of charging throughout the area. I've tried to remind him that he rarely will drive more then 200-250 miles in a day, but he's still in that old school mindset of thinking you need "gas stations" everywhere to be able to drive around, regardless of the fact you leave your house fully charged every morning.

I live in southern NH - right next to Nashua - practically paper airplane distance to MA.

There is NO trouble charging no matter WHERE we're going. Full disclosure - I installed a HPWC in my garage so I *do* leave every morning with a "full tank of electrons".

Some mindsets are hard to change.

My parents live in Southern NH. Part of the reason they probably won't buy a Model 3, even though my dad was a 3/31 online reservation is the lack of charging throughout the area. I've tried to remind him that he rarely will drive more then 200-250 miles in a day, but he's still in that old school mindset of thinking you need "gas stations" everywhere to be able to drive around, regardless of the fact you leave your house fully charged every morning.
Try showing him a plugshare map.

Try showing him a plugshare map.
Ha, I did. See that big hole where there's barely any chargers? That's the area they live. There's under 10 in a 40 mile radius around them.
Screen Shot 2018-06-05 at 10.37.03 AM.png

Compare that to my area...

Screen Shot 2018-06-09 at 12.39.55 PM.png

/edit. I wish New England Ski area's put in chargers. He's still an active skiier, even in his 70's, and putting chargers at the ski area's he frequents in winter could have made a difference in his buying decisions.

Last edited:
Reactions: chjch
Outside of Manchester and Nashua, (and Concord)there's just not too many public chargers in Southern NH.

Some battles you just can't win at the moment. It's ok. He loves his 05 Prius, and I really think he's going to get the new Plug-in Prius prime even though it has terrible reviews. He's brand loyal. Then again, we're brand loyal to Tesla, hence this forum lol.

I tried to get him in a Volt, as it's kind of the best of both worlds, but they don't like that you can't adjust the seatbelt height. (my mom's kinda short.). I told him to just raise the seat up higher but I guess that didn't work out too well.

Okemo Mountain Ski Resort in southern VT has installed a number of Tesla and J-1772 Clipper Creek (12 total) at the Jackson Gore side.
And I know Killington has a few. Rutland's getting a supercharger which is nice. I was hoping that St. Johnsbury would be a spot for a supercharger instead of Lyndon because A: It's where 93 and 91 meet, and B: My mom has lots of family just south of St Johnsbury, so it would give them a easy place to charge when visiting. Ah well.

My dad skis at Pats peak a lot, I should email them asking about putting in chargers as part of the destination charging program.

Tesla actually reached out to Okemo and offered to put in the chargers. I was not aware that Tesla will give the both the Tesla charger and the Clipper Creek units too. Good deal for the resort.
In my experience they will give one Clipper Creek 40amp unit for every 3 Tesla HPWC you install. Snowbird here in Utah put in 3 HPWC and Tesla also donated a 40amp Clipper Creek as well.