Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New Charity Bet: Date of first time Starship reaches orbit.

Cosmacelf

Mar 6, 2013
San Diego
I think that the environmental impacts of launching a starship is worthy of a bit of study and if SpaceX did not have that going on 2 years ago they are idiots. You are talking about creating noise, heat, and light at a rate that's simply not precedented. They can't move these offshore fast enough.

They have, indeed, been studying it for quite a while. Did you read that Teslarati article?

UltradoomY

Supporting Member
Mar 13, 2020
Tampa, FL
Latest info saying that Starship orbital is likely now for March of 2022...... right on time for my St.Patricks Day prediction!!1
Yay!

winfield100

Supporting Member
Feb 16, 2013
vivant non-traveler
Latest info saying that Starship orbital is likely now for March of 2022...... right on time for my St.Patricks Day prediction!!1
Yay!
moved to January 2022 with NET (no exact time) so you may be correct about March, so i could “road trip” in my new! MY to Boca Chica to view “real time” the launch like did for FH and ArabSat from the cape few years back.

Reactions: UltradoomY

Cosmacelf

Mar 6, 2013
San Diego
Sorry Xepa777, I had to close the bet/contest after the FCC submission about the first orbital attempt became public. So the official entrants are:

e-FTW: 9/15/21
Ben W: 10/31/21
Cosmacelf: 12/1/21
dkemme: 2/22/22
UltradoomY: 3/17/22
Grendal: 5/4/22
Nikxice: 5/6/22
adiggs: 6/2/22

And right now, I've got to say that e-FTW is in the pole position AGAIN.

Elon's tweet today: "If all goes well, Starship will be ready for its first orbital launch attempt next month, pending regulatory approval"

Damn, Ben and I are duking it out to win!

Products we're discussing on TMC...

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC