Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New Charlotte Service Center / Showroom

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
In Mecklenburg County, you cannot move one stick of furniture into a space or have any non attached items (reception desk is probably attached and in the approved blueprints, but otherwise....) until you have a CO or TCO. They are very strict here about that. They will just walk out and leave and not inspect you until the items are removed.

The General Contractor should have known that and managed that.

Was told by a gentleman working at the supercharger that they have their TCO and are waiting on the final CO. However they're not going to open with just the TCO since if it lapsed for whatever reason they'd just have to close again.

Was told by a gentleman working at the supercharger that they have their TCO and are waiting on the final CO. However they're not going to open with just the TCO since if it lapsed for whatever reason they'd just have to close again.
That makes sense to me!

Drove by there yesterday, looks much cleaner inside and out. All the door decals are in place and general signage seemed to be about to be completely done.

The Model S's in the back were lined up horizontally now (not like the pictures posted earlier in the thread) directly behind the building.

I saw this in another thread and didn't want to go off-topic, so posting here...
This happened to a friend in Charlotte.

Rare problem - easy solution. I was hearing a clunking sound when I slowed down. It sounded almost like something was going to fall off the car. Not at high speeds but rather at very low speeds. Seemed to get louder at end of cycle (closest point to stopping). It was a rock in the rotor. Unable to see it. Tesla tech said I should get car back today. FYI, I was NOT the first customer to get service at the Charlotte Tesla Service Center. Guy says the Center is still not officially open. Will not be until they get loaners a and a few other things.

Darn! I wanted to bring them donuts for their first day open and meet a sales rep to get some searches done on inventory cars I might be able to purchase. I guess they are only coming in "as needed" until the official opening as I don't see vehicles parked there when I drive by. Glad though existing owners in the area might be able to get some things done locally rather than heading to Raleigh. I would imagine local Rangers are going to be the foundation for the service center's team, so it makes sense that some things they would be able to readily do and perhaps using the SC as a "work bay".

Cyclone. Keep us posted when opened. I am due my 1 year service. Don't want to drive to Raleigh.

IMG_1502.JPG

The Raleigh showroom is tiny. Tesla probably didn't want to invest too much money into installing a charging infrastructure there in the event that they move the showroom to a larger location in town. It's easy enough to pull a HPWC off the wall and walk away, not so much with a Supercharger. :)
The Raleigh showroom only has only a HPWC. I doubt they will have Superchargers at the showroom in Charlotte.