Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New "Chill / Normal" acceleration modes?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
IMHO this is the wrong way to go, unless for marketing. Drop all modes entirely.....
Set the car for max performance from the factory, launch mode if brake and throttle are floored at the same time.
Simple, effective but it assumes the driver can drive smoothly when they need to without electronic assistance. I have never had a problem driving smoothly enough to let a drink stand on the dash and I am always in Ludicrous mode.

I already have Sport & Insane for that. Is this for non-P cars? Or are they renaming the beloved Insane and Ludicrous modes to "Normal"?
It’s like valet mode, but not as restrictive.
The intention is for it to be used on those occasions when passenger comfort is more important than performance.
If you leave it off your car is unchanged.
It’s available on all performance specs.

Reactions: MorrisonHiker
It’s like valet mode, but not as restrictive.
The intention is for it to be used on those occasions when passenger comfort is more important than performance.
If you leave it off your car is unchanged.
It’s available on all performance specs.

Sorry, I'm not being obtuse I swear. I already have an "Acceleration" section with Sport & Insane. The article made it sound like those are changing to "Chill/Normal" but you're saying it is a new option.

Sorry, I'm not being obtuse I swear. I already have an "Acceleration" section with Sport & Insane. The article made it sound like those are changing to "Chill/Normal" but you're saying it is a new option.
Yes, as far as I can tell it will add another setting “chill”.
I don’t know if that will be in the same place in settings as the ludicrous mode, or if it will be somewhere else like “range mode” is.
I’m actually sitting in the SC now, so they might be putting 2017.44 on now. If so I’ll post a screenshot.

This may be in response to the Performance upgrade (uncorking) released to the fleet of refreshed 75d. I had mine done and its a completely different car. Perhaps the chill mode is the 0-60 5.2 sec that we were sold and the normal mode is the new 4.2 sec.

Just got 2017.44 while getting car uncorked. Here’s what the new “Chill” function looks like.
index.php
index.php

Attachments

• ACF5C7D2-445D-4618-92F9-F02EBBF7E9BD.jpeg
    ACF5C7D2-445D-4618-92F9-F02EBBF7E9BD.jpeg
    327 KB · Views: 7,524
  • 385809A0-C0F6-433F-9D98-247078922909.jpeg
    385809A0-C0F6-433F-9D98-247078922909.jpeg
    222.8 KB · Views: 4,780
Last edited by a moderator: