Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New "Chill / Normal" acceleration modes?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This is really interesting info - do you have this data for different models and corked and uncorked that could be superimposed? Even just seeing the 75d corked vs uncorked superimposed on the same chart like this would be very useful.

Thanks for all of your hard work on this entire uncorking topic over the past few months!
Yeah, we have the data. This stuff is all in the Performance Metrics. iI made a graph that compares two tabs (in the master file that keeps GPS data), but I couldn’t think of an easy way way to change which two were being compared. Ideally I need pull down menus for the tabs (which auto populate the tabs when a new tab is added) that change the data source.

I don’t suppose any excel jockies are following along? I haven’t had time to learn how to do that.

Last edited:
My wife finally tried the Chill mode. One of my kids had a stomach bug all week, so she tried the Chill mode out. My kid (in back) loved it. Wife hated it. Now that my kid’s illness is over, she has switched back.

She also mentioned that the Chill mode didn’t seem to have any affect on Regen, just made our X accelerate like an ICE car. She hated it.

Tried chill mode on our P100D lol. Seems odd to have chill, sport and ludicrous on the same tab lol.

Actually enjoyed not having a constant torque feel once and awhile and just a nice relaxed ice style acceleration. Definitely smoother overall.

Now I wish I could refer to it as ‘wife mode’ and have a passcode lock lol. She has a heavier foot than I do

Chill Mode seems to only be available for the newer models (AP1 and up?).
I've got the 2017.46 update on my classic P85+ (VIN P24xxx) today but no Chill Mode for me (only Easy Entry). :-(

This would have been a nice feature for winter driving and I was actually looking forward to it.

• Informative
Reactions: SmartElectric
"Chill Mode' not yet seen in Oct 2015 Model S85D (Dual motor) with AP1, just got an update on Tuesday, 8.x version 2017.42 a88c8d5 . Did get camper mode (keep AC on) though.

I guess I will have to wait and see if (and when) 2017.44 becomes available for the Chill Mode option, although I would more likely not use it very often, perhaps only with more passengers in the car, as I like the jolt of energy as I accelerate to the speed limit quicker than most other average vehicles from a standstill.

Maybe Chill mode is only available on refresh cars and not Classics?

no, not only refresh cars...

"Chill Mode' not yet seen in Oct 2015 Model S85D (Dual motor) with AP1, just got an update on Tuesday, 8.x version 2017.42 a88c8d5 . Did get camper mode (keep AC on) though.

I guess I will have to wait and see if (and when) 2017.44 becomes available for the Chill Mode option, although I would more likely not use it very often, perhaps only with more passengers in the car, as I like the jolt of energy as I accelerate to the speed limit quicker than most other average vehicles from a standstill.

my pre-refresh AP1 70D has Chill Mode, since v 2017.44 02fdc86 (updated Nov 9/17 while at Svc Ctr for other work)
Chill mode was not included in the prior version I had, v 2017.42 a88c8d5 (updated Oct 27/17)

no, not only refresh cars...

my pre-refresh AP1 70D has Chill Mode, since v 2017.44 02fdc86 (updated Nov 9/17 while at Svc Ctr for other work)
Chill mode was not included in the prior version I had, v 2017.42 a88c8d5 (updated Oct 27/17)

Thanks f-stop, I will await the next software release (be it 2017.44 or later) and check again to see if Chill Mode then gets enabled. Would be nice to have it for that 'occasional' relaxed spin around the neighborhood w/friends or family.