Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New chime sound in NoA or 42.3?

X509v3

Aug 26, 2018
Silicon Valley
while driving home tonight using Navigate On AutoPilot, the car made a “chime” noise I hadn’t heard before. Sort of a “ding” noise with a long decay, and higher pitched than the normal EAP/Autosteer tones.

We couldn’t figure out what they meant, seemed to happen when cars were in our blind spot but not always. Sometimes when we were coming to highway route change but not always.

I’ve never heard those tones before in any app I use, so mostly certain they weren’t coming from my Bluetooth-paired cellphone.

When we drove the similar route away from home on Saturday we didn’t use NoA and didn’t experience those tones. I’ll see if they happen again on the normal work commute this week.

(Model 3, non-p AWD, 2018.42.3)

gdepau

Sep 20, 2018
Orland Park, IL
I heard a new chime and couldn't figure out at first what it was. It drove me crazy but after a little digging into all my driving settings it ended up that I accidently put the chime on for the speed limit warning.

Reactions: X509v3

X509v3

Aug 26, 2018
Silicon Valley
I’m familiar with rhe lane change chime. This one is different.

It happened to me once on my ride to work this morning. And didn’t happen on the ride home. Strange...

josher32

Oct 29, 2015
Portland, OR
I think it’s a new one if you aren’t paying attention when it suggests lane change within 2 miles of planned exit from freeway. I’ve gotten it a few times.

X509v3

Aug 26, 2018
Silicon Valley
Nope - it was the speed limit chime.

I never enabled this, so it must have gotten set after the recent 42.3 update. Been driving my wife and I crazy, trying to figure out the correlation between this alert and something else.

Products we're discussing on TMC...

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC