Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New Chrysler E-Rev (ENVI)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
What is that a photo of? It sure aint the Chrysler e-rev with that (typical) Chrysler grill, not to mention that Chrysler hasn't unveiled it yet. The article didn't mention and I didn't read all the comments.

It's a concept, I'm sure. But for an egg-shaped vehicle, I take it any day over the Volt.

cn008_008ch.jpg

What is that a photo of? It sure aint the Chrysler e-rev with that (typical) Chrysler grill, not to mention that Chrysler hasn't unveiled it yet. The article didn't mention and I didn't read all the comments.

It's a concept, I'm sure. But for an egg-shaped vehicle, I take it any day over the Volt.

View attachment 84

You know as much as I do. Should be interesting. I've been wondering if Chrysler would be able to fast-track a vehicle into production much like Tesla or smaller shop theoretically could do because of the private nature of the business as opposed to GM which is publicly owned.

I kinda like the Dodge ZEO though, at least a product version which is a bit less concept model.

The ecoVoyager on the other hand....ehwww. I'm glad I ain't a kid in the backseat there. The only exciting thing to watch will be my parents head...

Cobos

Ah, let me count the Lotuses.
Tesla, Ecotricity guy, Detroit Electric, Ken Okuyama, Dodge

Any more?

Seriously though, I thought Chrysler was a manufacturer, not a conversion company. Oh, the happy EV up there is a dressed up Gem. Dressed up as what, I don't know but Halloween IS coming up soon.

Yes, they're all essentially conversions. They figure it's important to get an EV to market quickly and this is a way to do it. Not particularly exciting. Though, they're definitely in a better position to do this than most conversion companies since they don't have to rip engines out of their own cars. And we know Lotus is perfectly willing to ship gliders.

Depending on price and performance, that Europa conversion could take a chunk of the Roadster's market share.

Depending on price and performance, that Europa conversion could take a chunk of the Roadster's market share.

Yeah, I wonder what they plan to charge for it.
Since I can't afford a Roadster right now, it is great to have another (somewhat similar) option.

The video says "0-60 in under 5s, range 150-200 miles".

This whole "internet based unveiling" seems like a quick response to the Volt announcement. With the existing Jeep and Europa chassis being shown it seems like they are unveiling "mules" more than finished product.

Response over at LotusTalk:
"...
So they decided to just plant the Dodge logo, electric engine on an existing frame.
WOW genius!
1. The Chrysler brand is sinking
2. Looking for bail out money
3. Selling the Viper brand..."

"...Chrysler is asking Washington for a billions of dollars bailout so they can develop electric cars according to a CNBC report. They then show the Europa and act like they had developed it and needed money to bring it to production however they just bought it from Lotus. Smoke and mirrors..."

Last edited: