Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Vendor New Clear Bra From XPEL

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

XPEL

Global Vendor
Since the launch of XPEL ULTIMATE, the world’s first self-healing paint protection film, we’ve worked to advance the industry further. It’s taken some time, but trust us, it was all worth it. Today, we’re incredibly excited to announce the arrival of the new XPEL ULTIMATE PLUS – the next evolution of superior paint protection film.

ULTIMATE PROTECTION, UNSEEN

An unparalleled high gloss finish. Improved impact protection for enhanced durability. No doubt, XPEL ULTIMATE PLUS is the most advanced paint protection on the market. Along with the same self-healing power you’ve come to love, XPEL ULTIMATE PLUS provides less visible distortion than ever before. It also maintains maximum adhesion to painted surfaces thanks to our new edge seal technology.

With ULTIMATE PLUS, you’ll forget all about the orange peel woes of other films. It’s so optically clear, it’s virtually invisible to the naked eye. In some cases, XPEL ULTIMATE PLUS can improve the surface quality of your original paint, offering a more consistent finish and overall shine. It’s the perfect product to keep your personal vehicle looking pristine with minimal effort on your end.

Driving any distance can take a toll on your car’s exterior. Road grime, tar, bug guts, bird droppings and even air pollution can contaminate the clear coat, causing etching, oxidation, or worse. Thanks to XPEL ULTIMATE PLUS paint protection film, your vehicle can stay safe from outside elements. The film is extremely stain & discoloration resistant, leaving you free to enjoy the drive without worrying about a wipe down at your next stop.

ULT.PLUS_Tesla.png

Unsure about the level of protection you need? For most sports cars and passenger vehicles, we recommend what you see above. It’s commonly called a “full front” package. This type of coverage typically includes the entire hood, front bumper, full fenders, headlights, fog lamps, mirror caps, and more. Rocker panels and other high impact areas like rear bumpers and fenders are also important to protect, especially with performance cars or trucks with wide tires.

To Find An XPEL Installer Nearest You, Visit Locator.XPEL.com.

Frequently Asked Questions:
- Can you Wax the film?
Yes. If your vehicle is kept outside and not washed often, then you'll want to apply a wax or ceramic coating to the top of the XPEL. Just be sure not to use any products that contain petroleum distillates such as naphtha or kerosene. Also avoid products with a harsh dye in them as this could cause the film to stain over an extended period of time.

- Can you wrap edges with pre-cut patterns?
Yes. Using the XPEL Design Access Program (DAP) pre-cut template software, your installer can select any kit and extend edges to wrap giving your car the most accurate and seamless installation possible.

- What does it cost?
For full frontal protection that includes: full hood, full front fenders, front bumper, headlights, and side mirrors you can expect $1,895 - $2,195.
For full frontal with rocker panel protection you can expect $2,395 - 2,795

- Can you use ceramic coatings on top of this film?
Yes. Just be sure to apply on TOP of the XPEL and never underneath as it could potentially interfere with adhesion over time.

Any other questions, don't hesitate to reach out as we're always happy to help.

I had this put onto my S last weekend. It looks great and give so much peace of mind, knowing that my car has some protection from the elements.

If you're in Arizona, I can highly recommend OzBraz in Gilbert. They did a perfect job with the XPEL installation, and their shop is impeccably clean. Being in the waiting room is just like being at home, better even. They offer drinks, recliners, TV with Apple TV, including all the popular streaming media services for videos while you wait.

• Informative
Reactions: Don TLR and XPEL
My full car installation was well done also, however I have care and feeding question.

So it isn't quite summer yet in Austin and my XPEL has a couple of dings in it, including two that could be described as divots, but yes the paint is still there, so whew. Neither the one on the hood nor one just forward of the wheel well 'hip' heal despite 2 cups of hot water on them (installer's first suggestion). I know ther are limits, but any other suggestions? Not sure a photo of either would help.

What/how does the XPEL warranty work?

My full car installation was well done also, however I have care and feeding question.

So it isn't quite summer yet in Austin and my XPEL has a couple of dings in it, including two that could be described as divots, but yes the paint is still there, so whew. Neither the one on the hood nor one just forward of the wheel well 'hip' heal despite 2 cups of hot water on them (installer's first suggestion). I know ther are limits, but any other suggestions? Not sure a photo of either would help.

What/how does the XPEL warranty work?

Shaggy,

We're sorry to hear about the damage to the material. Based off what you've told us as you tried to heal the scratches, it doesn't seem like those will be going away as they seem to be through the self-healing top layer. Our guess would be that your paint is 100% okay though which is the whole point of the film in the first place. Our XPEL Paint Protection Film warranty is 10 Years and covers: yellowing, staining, delaminating, bubbling, lifting, peeling, and hazing. It does not cover damage to the material caused by rocks and road debris. I know this isn't the answer you were hoping for, but the film is doing it's job by being a sacrificial barrier between you and the road. Best bet would be to drive it and enjoy it. You can always come in and get those panels replaced, but as the film is there to stop rock chips, we would suggest waiting until you get more.

I hope this info helps. Let us know if you have any further questions.

• Informative
Reactions: davidc18
Does the Ultimate Plus fare better against swirling when cleaning the car? Compared to say Ultimate which is what my car is wrapped in.

Bebop,

The self-healing properties of ULTIMATE PLUS are extremely similar to ULTIMATE, so being able to self-heal fine scratches and swirl marks from cleaning will be the same. If you see this happen often, you may want to switch to a softer microfiber towel for cleaning/drying.

Shaggy,

We're sorry to hear about the damage to the material. Based off what you've told us as you tried to heal the scratches, it doesn't seem like those will be going away as they seem to be through the self-healing top layer. Our guess would be that your paint is 100% okay though which is the whole point of the film in the first place. Our XPEL Paint Protection Film warranty is 10 Years and covers: yellowing, staining, delaminating, bubbling, lifting, peeling, and hazing. It does not cover damage to the material caused by rocks and road debris. I know this isn't the answer you were hoping for, but the film is doing it's job by being a sacrificial barrier between you and the road. Best bet would be to drive it and enjoy it. You can always come in and get those panels replaced, but as the film is there to stop rock chips, we would suggest waiting until you get more.

I hope this info helps. Let us know if you have any further questions.

It's why I asked...

Since the launch of XPEL ULTIMATE, the world’s first self-healing paint protection film, we’ve worked to advance the industry further. It’s taken some time, but trust us, it was all worth it. Today, we’re incredibly excited to announce the arrival of the new XPEL ULTIMATE PLUS – the next evolution of superior paint protection film.
Any other questions, don't hesitate to reach out as we're always happy to help.

Hi team - just had a full XPEL Ultimate Plus wrap done on my black S75D here in Australia. Taking a look at it, the pre-cut templates have left the edges un-wrapped on the rear trunk edge above the silver "TESLA" bar. I have annotated a photo (not my car) the area where the wrap doesn't go completely to the edge. Is this normal on your template system? Is it standard to not cover all of the paint?

0A1qzbl.jpg

Thanks,
Shane.

Hi team - just had a full XPEL Ultimate Plus wrap done on my black S75D here in Australia. Taking a look at it, the pre-cut templates have left the edges un-wrapped on the rear trunk edge above the silver "TESLA" bar. I have annotated a photo (not my car) the area where the wrap doesn't go completely to the edge. Is this normal on your template system? Is it standard to not cover all of the paint?

Thanks,
Shane.

Shane,

You can see on our pattern here (Search Coverage Options - XPEL) that the kit does go to the edge near the headlight. However, if you're curious about where the kit lined up, take it back to your installer and have them take a look. We're sure they'll be happy to check it out and talk it over with you.

Does ultimate plus hold up better to car washes?

jessedh,

The XPEL ULTIMATE PLUS will hold up the same way the ULTIMATE did in car washes. We always recommend hand washing, but if you are to use a car wash, try to go for touch-free ones, or ones with softer brushes.

Shane,

You can see on our pattern here (Search Coverage Options - XPEL) that the kit does go to the edge near the headlight. However, if you're curious about where the kit lined up, take it back to your installer and have them take a look. We're sure they'll be happy to check it out and talk it over with you.

jessedh,

The XPEL ULTIMATE PLUS will hold up the same way the ULTIMATE did in car washes. We always recommend hand washing, but if you are to use a car wash, try to go for touch-free ones, or ones with softer brushes.

Could you teach me how to remove stubborn tar stains from my rocker panels? My regular wash routine is not cleaning those stains from the XPEL at all.

FYI, my entire 3 is wrapped. in XPEL.

Could you teach me how to remove stubborn tar stains from my rocker panels? My regular wash routine is not cleaning those stains from the XPEL at all.

FYI, my entire 3 is wrapped. in XPEL.

rainforest,

First off, thank you for choosing XPEL to protect your Model 3. For the stain, let's start with the least aggressive chemical and work our way up.

- Start with isopropyl alcohol. This can be found at any local drug store, CVS, etc...get 70% or higher concentrate (they have 99% available at most places) and see if that will take the stain out.
- If isopropyl alcohol doesn't work, then I would switch to a stronger chemical like acetone or you can even use a bug & tar remover. Just note that while these chemicals are safe to clean the XPEL film with, do not let the chemical sit on the film for too long.
- If those don't work, then lacquer thinner may be used. Again, use caution as to not let it touch your paint.

-If none of those work, take your car back to your installer and have them take a look. If they can't clean it, then we will pay them parts and labor to replace it as our 10 year warranty covers staining.

Hope this info helps, let us know how it goes.

rainforest,

First off, thank you for choosing XPEL to protect your Model 3. For the stain, let's start with the least aggressive chemical and work our way up.

- Start with isopropyl alcohol. This can be found at any local drug store, CVS, etc...get 70% or higher concentrate (they have 99% available at most places) and see if that will take the stain out.
- If isopropyl alcohol doesn't work, then I would switch to a stronger chemical like acetone or you can even use a bug & tar remover. Just note that while these chemicals are safe to clean the XPEL film with, do not let the chemical sit on the film for too long.
- If those don't work, then lacquer thinner may be used. Again, use caution as to not let it touch your paint.

-If none of those work, take your car back to your installer and have them take a look. If they can't clean it, then we will pay them parts and labor to replace it as our 10 year warranty covers staining.

Hope this info helps, let us know how it goes.

Wow. Thank you for the detailed explanation. I will try your suggestion. BTW, I am in Canada and have recommended many Tesla owners to wrap their car in XPEL at PH SOLAR in Vancouver.

It just so happens that on Saturday with my Model X, the Homelink function which automatically opens my garage door when I come home accidentally closed the garage on the edge of my hood as I was leaving. My car was stationary, but the garage somehow scraped the edge of my hood and tore open the XPEL in a tiny spot and scraped right down to the metal. OUCH! All the scrape marks actually disappeared with hot water (amazing), but I was surprised that the XPEL tore right through in one spot. Now I'm considering touching it up and having my shop re-wrap, but it's a lot of work and expense. Sigh.

I would also like to add that the added benefit of XPEL is that you can wash your car much more quickly without worrying about swirl marks. It cuts down the wash time almost in half. I will likely wrap every new car I buy.

Reactions: XPEL
Wow. Thank you for the detailed explanation. I will try your suggestion. BTW, I am in Canada and have recommended many Tesla owners to wrap their car in XPEL at PH SOLAR in Vancouver.

It just so happens that on Saturday with my Model X, the Homelink function which automatically opens my garage door when I come home accidentally closed the garage on the edge of my hood as I was leaving. My car was stationary, but the garage somehow scraped the edge of my hood and tore open the XPEL in a tiny spot and scraped right down to the metal. OUCH! All the scrape marks actually disappeared with hot water (amazing), but I was surprised that the XPEL tore right through in one spot. Now I'm considering touching it up and having my shop re-wrap, but it's a lot of work and expense. Sigh.

I would also like to add that the added benefit of XPEL is that you can wash your car much more quickly without worrying about swirl marks. It cuts down the wash time almost in half. I will likely wrap every new car I buy.

Happy to help. Thank you for referring people our way.

OUCH! Sorry to hear about that. The film will certainly do all that it can to protect but as you learned, there are limitations too. Thank you for sharing your story with this forum. Real world experiences like this are the best testimonials.

Absolutely. Due to the films low surface energy (essentially the film is much more slippery than paint), it cleans much easier.

Hey this product is totally dope. I just got it installed at NW Autoshield (Seattle) for a very very good price. I had a ding on my P3D that looked like this after 4k miles. Neal sent me a message, "Looks like your fender has some damage" with this picture:

f487f50d-68cb-45c2-9665-f8dc59de4e5e.jpeg

And he buffed the scratch, wet-installed the XPEL, and now it looks PERFECT (also got my windows tinted):
MVIMG_20190321_125539.jpg

Sweet!!!

Attachments

• MVIMG_20190321_125539.jpg
    MVIMG_20190321_125539.jpg
    307.3 KB · Views: 25
Reactions: XPEL