TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC
Start a Discussionhttps://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/tags/

New color : BLACK PEARL ?

Discussion in 'Model S: Interior & Exterior' started by jcstp, Feb 21, 2013.

1. jcstp

jcstp Active Member

When vieuwing the invitation for the Geneva Motorschow, Tesla spoke of a new color! (i know they probably mean multicolor-red)
    Watching the pic of the car, I wondered if "Black-pearl" would be a possibility as a new option?

I thought to understand that "white-pearl" is "just" white covered with a coat of pearl

Just wondered if this is also possible with black?

Black pearls have some myths around them that fit Tesla I think!

The Significance of Giving Black Pearls | eHow.com

Wisdom
    "tears of adam" : selfcontrole
    everlasting love
    gift from the sky to the sea
    hope in a time of pain

Black Pearl Jewelry - Myths Legends About Pearls

Black Pearl Goddess

2. Robert.Boston

Robert.Boston Model S VIN P01536

Other premium auto manufacturers offer a metallic black, e.g. BMW's "Black Sapphire Metallic", MB's "Obsidian Black Metallic", Audi's Havanna Black metallic," and Cadillac's "Black Diamond Tricoat". I assume they offer these black metallics because they sell...

3. jcstp

jcstp Active Member

unfortunatelly Tesla has no black metallic or anthracite

I thought if they got their black cars thru the same pearl coat as the white ones, it would be a possibility!