Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New color change vinyl wrap concerns

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Its actually just using a knife to cut around the circle. The actual cover stays orange so it won't show the original paint. That's how they did it with mine.
yah no way I’m talking about having a white circle. I think what the place is saying is they can’t get coverage on the opening now so white won’t be showing in a spot. Not sure if it would have been an issue if they did it right from the beginning, so that’s why I will ask them do redo the whole front since I didn’t ask them to remove functionality from the car.

Typically what they do is pop the circle cover off and wrap that separately. They can then wrap the bumper and ensure proper coverage with no white paint showing around the hole. Then they just push the cover back on. Somebody forgot to do that so now they're coming up with excuses why its better this way.

yah no way I’m talking about having a white circle. I think what the place is saying is they can’t get coverage on the opening now so white won’t be showing in a spot. Not sure if it would have been an issue if they did it right from the beginning, so that’s why I will ask them do redo the whole front since I didn’t ask them to remove functionality from the car.
Got it! Yeah hopefully they take care of it as it is a necessity