Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New colors coming?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I think if I had more opportunity to see grey cars I'd not be having a mini-panic attack right now.

What I really wanted was a medium blue... but after waiting 6 more months my wife and I finally ordered grey, almost by default (we already have a silver car and a very dark blue one).

It's..... going to be a thing if they pick something like this:
audi_rs5.jpg

Dammit.

Oh, I have a whole collection of your car pictures! :smile: (and many other that I've been clicking through actually).

It's just a visceral reaction-- that I like blue best and Tesla doesn't have a medium blue (as yet).
I do see a lot of blue in the (pretty much only one) grey Teslas I've seen in person, that the pictures rarely capture it and we're well into the production queue now and not the type of folks who will be able to "redo" this car purchase easily.

I'm sure I'll forget all about it and be fine... it's just the nature of these kinds of things, including the tinges of remorse inherent to the waiting period.

<sigh>

I would love to see some of the colors shown in those swatches offered by Tesla. There's no reason to be stuck with "safe" colors like most automakers since Tesla doesn't have to build spec cars for inventory. I know there's been talk previously of their paint shop being limited on the number of colors they can spray at a given time, so hopefully they can find a way around that.