TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

New Columbus Ohio Tesla Supercenter

Discussion in 'Midwest/Great Lakes' started by Kandiru, May 5, 2018.

1. Kandiru

Kandiru Member

I was at the Easton gallery and got to eyeball the Model 3 for the first time, great experience.

SAs told me there are plans to move sales, delivery, and service under one roof around the HH Gregg
    area at Easton towards the end of the year.

But the MB and Lexus dealers right next door have nothing to fear;)

• Like x 1
  2. Derek Kessler

Derek Kessler Active Member

Smart move. We've got that setup down here in Cincinnati — plus a colocated Supercharger station — and it works really well.

3. cgrubbe

cgrubbe Member

Was hopeful they would move to someplace centrally located, instead of staying out on the east side of town. Lots of great areas near downtown that are 20 min from almost every suburb.

• Like x 1
  4. Derek Kessler

I'd more expect them to move to Polaris or Tuttle area than downtown. It's about being centrally located to your customer base, which is going to continue to be mostly upmarket.

5. HustleSimmons

HustleSimmons Member

One of the guys at the SC told me the same thing a couple of months ago. And last month a construction crew started setting up shop at the old HHGregg site at Easton.

6. JohnnyG

JohnnyG Weee!

I can add, I've also been told by multiple people at the SC, that they are moving sales, service, delivery, to the old hhgregg building.

7. Triangles

Triangles Member

It will be interesting to see how they make that facility work. That's an awful lot of indoor floor space.

8. Derek Kessler

Space for a slick donuts-n-burn-outs zone!

• Funny x 1
  9. cgrubbe

cgrubbe Member

Has anyone been over to see what sort of progress they are making with this? I made it over to that side of town over the weekend but totally forgot to stop by to see what, if anything, can be seen.

10. b_ack51

b_ack51 Member

Probably cheaper rent than the Easton showroom. Plus will be nice to fit more than 3 cars in the small showroom.

11. gigglessupreme

gigglessupreme New Member

I'd imagine it won't seem like that much space with the service center in there too

12. CoolSilver

CoolSilver Member

I was by here for my test drive. Outside looks like it hasn't been touched. If they are doing any work it's all inside at the moment. I may drive by after my delivery tomorrow

13. 13hartc

13hartc Member

What time is your delivery? Mine is at 11

14. b_ack51

b_ack51 Member

Anyone recently pick up a silver m3 with white interior and live near Hilliard?

15. HustleSimmons

HustleSimmons Member

They're starting to use the parking lot to stage demo cars. They've demo'd the old hhgregg logo area and boarded up the old Find Lines entrance.

Attached Files:

• Informative x 2
  16. 13hartc

13hartc Member

I was at Easton on Saturday and was told between December 20 and the 23 is planned opening.

• Informative x 1
  17. Derek Kessler

It's very important that this move forward quickly. Once Tesla vacates their space next to the Easton Station mall, then Shake Shack can move in.

• Funny x 2
  18. HustleSimmons

HustleSimmons Member

Right!

19. Kandiru

Kandiru Member

That's right, as if the North Star Café was not sophisticated enough:)

Now I am craving Easton again, alas three kids with as many games and daily practices keep me stuck in the Appalachian corner of the state.

20. Derek Kessler

I'll bet you're looking forward to the slated-for-2019 Chillicothe Supercharger!