Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New Columbus Ohio Tesla Supercenter

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I do wonder if they will install Superchargers in that location as well. Hopefully the charging/parking location in the parking garage attached to the mall stays. So nice to have a Tesla only parking and charging so convenient to shopping and dining.
I've heard rumor that Tesla was instructed to remove the Tesla chargers form the garage, once they vacate. :(

Reactions: 13hartc
That would make sense, but please expand the Chargepoint bays, I always charge at these, Level 2 charging just does[n't] make sense anymore.
By "ChargePoint", I assume you mean Level 3 chargers? ChargePoint also has Level 2 chargers (in the East garage and in the lot at Easton Gateway). I would love for them to fill the garage with quality Level 2 chargers (min 48A), rather than add just a few more Level 3.

Most people that go to Easton are there for a few hours. I feel rude whenever I use the Level 3, because it's finished way before I'm ready to leave. So, either I don't use it, or I have to go back in 45-60 mins to move my car, so other EVs can charge.

The cost for a Level 3 charging spot is astronomically higher than a Level 2. They could fill an area with Level 2 chargers, and EVs could stay there charging the whole time they are eating and shopping at Easton. You could be charging at a rate of 15kW - 19kW for 2-3 hours and still get the same amount of energy without having to go back to move your car or look rude for leaving it there.

This is the model that should be used at all locations where large numbers of people come to spend more than just 45 mins or so. Think malls, airports, work places, park & rides, etc. I would still love it if they also had a handful of Level 3 chargers, but this wouldn't need to be the norm for these type of destinations.

By "ChargePoint", I assume you mean Level 3 chargers? ChargePoint also has Level 2 chargers (in the East garage and in the lot at Easton Gateway). I would love for them to fill the garage with quality Level 2 chargers (min 48A), rather than add just a few more Level 3.

Most people that go to Easton are there for a few hours. I feel rude whenever I use the Level 3, because it's finished way before I'm ready to leave. So, either I don't use it, or I have to go back in 45-60 mins to move my car, so other EVs can charge.

The cost for a Level 3 charging spot is astronomically higher than a Level 2. They could fill an area with Level 2 chargers, and EVs could stay there charging the whole time they are eating and shopping at Easton. You could be charging at a rate of 15kW - 19kW for 2-3 hours and still get the same amount of energy without having to go back to move your car or look rude for leaving it there.

This is the model that should be used at all locations where large numbers of people come to spend more than just 45 mins or so. Think malls, airports, work places, park & rides, etc. I would still love it if they also had a handful of Level 3 chargers, but this wouldn't need to be the norm for these type of destinations.
Are level 2 chargers really needed for Tesla owners? I only use them overnight at hotels when traveling. Otherwise, I have never driven so much in one day that charging at my home or supercharger was not vastly more convenient than a Level 2 charger. There is a move theater I go to that has a Tesla destination charger, but I never use it. This is a legitimate question; what is your driving habit/need that a Level 2 charger is such a necessity for you? Or, are you more commenting on non-Tesla EV's with very short range and always needing to top off for normal around-town driving?

I've heard rumor that Tesla was instructed to remove the Tesla chargers form the garage, once they vacate. :(

Eeesh, wouldn't be too surprised, but hopefully the rumor is not true. Granted I really don't need the charger, other than a few Superchargers, I only charge at home. But it is nice to have "reserved" parking, and throw a little juice in her just for good measure.

Reactions: JohnnyG
Are level 2 chargers really needed for Tesla owners? I only use them overnight at hotels when traveling. Otherwise, I have never driven so much in one day that charging at my home or supercharger was not vastly more convenient than a Level 2 charger. There is a move theater I go to that has a Tesla destination charger, but I never use it. This is a legitimate question; what is your driving habit/need that a Level 2 charger is such a necessity for you? Or, are you more commenting on non-Tesla EV's with very short range and always needing to top off for normal around-town driving?
My comment was more in general to all EV/PHEV, and more specific to the post I was replying to... I wasn't entering into debate on where one should charge, or when one should charge, or who should be paying for it, etc, etc... I was simply commenting on the other poster's thoughts.

I would prefer to see many Level 2 chargers available in long term parking areas, as opposed to just a couple Level 3 chargers. It just doesn't make sense. If you are going to install chargers at all, and it is in long term parking areas, then make them available to more people by installing many L2s for the price of just a couple L3s. Not to mention, L2s are more universally accessible to EV & PHEV.

My comment was more in general to all EV/PHEV, and more specific to the post I was replying to... I wasn't entering into debate on where one should charge, or when one should charge, or who should be paying for it, etc, etc... I was simply commenting on the other poster's thoughts.

I would prefer to see many Level 2 chargers available in long term parking areas, as opposed to just a couple Level 3 chargers. It just doesn't make sense. If you are going to install chargers at all, and it is in long term parking areas, then make them available to more people by installing many L2s for the price of just a couple L3s. Not to mention, L2s are more universally accessible to EV & PHEV.

Agree. I love having level 2 chargers at malls, grocery stores, movie theaters etc. Not everyone has home charging and this makes supercharger visits unnecessary except on road trips.

E078409E-0128-4948-A6A9-C6C27DF290A9.jpeg
69815326-64A3-485F-B2EB-7EBCA96CEFFF.jpeg
C3235ECF-2330-4A1A-B168-6D5B4BC3B83F.jpeg

8CD403D9-D4EC-47A0-878B-350AD092733E.jpeg
089F0FDF-02E5-4907-9F49-8A76843C631A.jpeg
CFD7AA34-AC0F-4130-B7EA-906487ABCB30.jpeg

Stopped by and snapped some photos when I was at Easton on Friday night. It looked like there were a handful of posts in the parking lot that might get chargers but nothing to suggest anything more than what was previously in the garage.

Service went smooth as usual, the place is huuuge, the megaphones and the Razor scooters are required to keep comms flowing.

Same good service as usual, though they broke off a retaining clip on the A panel fixing a rattle. 4G LTE rocks, now music is often on as I open the door, stations switch immediately. Did passenger Takata airbag recall and the liftgate drain plug recalls. It was 50k so even the battery coolant got replaced, and got almost free alignment, I get it yearly because of the way I drive, something to blame for new tires at every 10k that is not my fault:)

Reactions: Spacemanspliff