Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

new comfort suspension switch over dates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Mine was delivered in March 2022, so it probably has the older suspension.

I've read quite a few threads so far, but it's not obvious if anyone has successfully upgraded themselves from the old into this new "comfort" version.

Could anyone confirm a successful upgrade, and also confirm improved ride, please?
I changed front and rear suspension parts to below parts but haven't seen any improvement (mine is Aug 2022 build, MYLR 7 seater)
PARTS CHANGED to:
FR LEFT 1188363-00-H

FR RIGHT 1188368-00-H

REAR: 1188463-00-E
REAR SPRING: 1188474-00-C

I changed front and rear suspension parts to below parts but haven't seen any improvement (mine is Aug 2022 build, MYLR 7 seater)
PARTS CHANGED to:
FR LEFT 1188363-00-H

FR RIGHT 1188368-00-H

REAR: 1188463-00-E
REAR SPRING: 1188474-00-C
How about the bushings? They play a very important role in this. Have they been updated too?

@sagax What were your original parts?

How about the bushings? They play a very important role in this. Have they been updated too?
@sagax What were your original parts?

I compared the ride with the latest 2023 Model Y (test drove 3 times) after changing parts on my car, and I haven't noticed any significant difference. I got the parts from Tesla directly. Before changing parts I was debating whether to go for RedWood GT kit or Tesla latest parts but could not find any nearby car with Redwood GT kit, hence went with Tesla parts, and now, I don't see any improvement w.r.t to my original parts.

Original parts were:
FR LEFT 1188363-00-F

FR RIGHT 1188368-00-F

REAR: 1188463-00-D
REAR SPRING: 1188474-00-B

Sorry, I had to reread your post and my edit wasn't quick enough. Was it any better over really bad uneven roads? I don't mind the car on good roads.
same feeling, over good roads, car is really good, I don't have a complaint, only on very rough roads/potholes i have complaint about little harshness. Overall, I'm really happy with it, but if there is a way to improve ride on bad roads/potholes I'm open to it.

same feeling, over good roads, car is really good, I don't have a complaint, only on very rough roads/potholes i have complaint about little harshness. Overall, I'm really happy with it, but if there is a way to improve ride on bad roads/potholes I'm open to it.
For us, the bad roads are terrible, especially compared to my Alfa Romeo which is compliant on bad roads (yet still unbelievably agile).

For you, I would suggest ditching the 20s, going to 19s (or 18s if they exist yet for the load) and then taller side-walled tires. More cushion = better ride.

For us, the bad roads are terrible, especially compared to my Alfa Romeo which is compliant on bad roads (yet still unbelievably agile).

For you, I would suggest ditching the 20s, going to 19s (or 18s if they exist yet for the load) and then taller side-walled tires. More cushion = better ride.
you are right, I'll try 255x45x20 once current tires wear out.

Glad my MYP doesn't have the comfort suspension since its suspension is already soft.

Suspension is something entirely subjective.
It's not something many know anything about how it works.
And few have experience with upper end car suspensions, so have limited basis to compare with.