Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New Configuration Invites 4/6

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm missing my VIN now too, though my delivery still shows up as scheduled (12 days away).

In the other VIN disappeared? thread in early April, it seems that some people received new VINs while others had their VIN missing attributed to a glitch. There weren't many follow-ups in the thread so it's hard to say what the typical outcome is.

I'll likely follow up with my ISA tomorrow morning.
Yes, mine is missing also this morning. About to panic but more likely a glitch I assume. I just confirmed by delivery date of 5/29 yesterday so I hope this is just a glitch from assigning or changing the delivery date.

Mine's missing too.

Might be my fault, I reported a web site bug yesterday ;) I'd used the Add to Calendar feature, it added my delivery appointment for 1pm rather than 11am - I presume it was due to my ISA being in Pacific Time while I'm in Central.

Last edited:
Definitely seems to be just a glitch in the system with so many that were expecting delivery soon having this experience. I would not be too concerned at this point. That's assuming the truck didn't crash. :D
As I Google have there been any accidents involving car transport trucks?! I'm with you on the glitch thing bc a lot of people have lost their VIN. I am scheduled to sign my loan documents Monday for that VIN so I'm going to remain optimistic :)

I will take this as a positive that communication is now clearer. If I see a VIN, I am approximately a week away from delivery.

Yup - that is also about when your final contract will be issued and sent to you via email for you to sign along with Tesla's nominated representative. Most banks will require that for loan closing from my experience. That is another indication that your delivery is imminently close.

As I Google have there been any accidents involving car transport trucks?! I'm with you on the glitch thing bc a lot of people have lost their VIN. I am scheduled to sign my loan documents Monday for that VIN so I'm going to remain optimistic :)
There was a truck that destroyed a few in Maryland but like everybody else is saying and by the email I received from my point of contact they’re trying something new and the VIN will show up a week before delivery.

Reactions: M3forME
Any new deliveries in this group? Do share updates with us please so we can rejoice through your newfound happiness .

My delivery date got pushed to the 30th of May now (transportation logistical delays) - hopefully no further. I have everything else lined up and ready to go, just waiting on the final signed contract.

Any new deliveries in this group? Do share updates with us please so we can rejoice through your newfound happiness .

My delivery date got pushed to the 30th of May now (transportation logistical delays) - hopefully no further. I have everything else lined up and ready to go, just waiting on the final signed contract.
Mine would have been ready on 5/25 but I delayed delivery until 5/29. I did however, confirm this weekend that my car (along with a dozen or so other Model 3s) is at the service center waiting for clean and prep.

My VIN is also missing, although my delivery appointment is still there as is the ability to pay Tesla. I assume this is a glitch...
I did not check VINs or options but it's possible that this one is yours. There were a couple of MSMs there.

Attachments

• IMG_6357.JPG
    IMG_6357.JPG
    480.3 KB · Views: 44
I did not check VINs or options but it's possible that this one is yours. There were a couple of MSMs there.

Hmm, could be. I wish you snooped VINs :) ... My delivery is setup for 5/28...I'm still a little skeptical because I feel like I'm going to get a "of course we're not open on Memorial Day" phone call on Friday or something, but hopefully not. Did the local center reach out to you yet, or all still through Dana?

Hmm, could be. I wish you snooped VINs :) ... My delivery is setup for 5/28...I'm still a little skeptical because I feel like I'm going to get a "of course we're not open on Memorial Day" phone call on Friday or something, but hopefully not. Did the local center reach out to you yet, or all still through Dana?
Well I did snoop VINs but only for the Blue ones. :p FWIW, they tried to schedule me into Monday also but I now have a 5/29 appointment. I have only heard from Dana at this point, no one local yet.

Reactions: RTPGiants
4/6 invite and 4/9 configuration.

I snooped my VIN yesterday (5/21) and following that also got email from ISA.

Looks like I moved too fast in providing all the information for him to send forward my paperwork. My ISA came back saying, the car is still "In Production".

Hence asked me to not pay yet, till he confirms. So, just waiting on that now.

Reactions: Blue in NC