Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New Configuration Invites 4/6

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My 1st post in the TMC
Non-owner, reserved on 3/31 @ 10pm est, Jacksonville, FL.
Received invite today, In a dilemma, thinking twice as car will be 55k before taxes with EAP.
A modelX @ 79.5k +3k- (7 seater) + 5k-(EAP) = 87.5k looks reasonable compared to M3 @ 55k.

I may hold for Standard battery later( By the way the estimated time frame shows end 2018 now, instead of 2019 beginning).

Reactions: 03DSG
Looks like a new batch is starting. I received my invite today 4/6 at noon eastern time.

3/31 10AM reservation with Mar-May expected delivery.

Good luck all!
3/31/16 10PM online reservation non-Tesla owner with May-Jul expected delivery. Just received my invitation to configure! Maybe my obsession will Model 3 Youtube videos will finally go away.

Reserved: 3/31 11AMish ET. Annapolis, MD (non-owner)
Received Invite to Configure: 4/6 6:20PM ET.
Ordered: 4/7 6AMish ET. (See image below for details)
VIN: Not Yet Assigned
Delivery expected: “Mar-May 2018”

70C6293C-CAFB-4A2E-A8EF-A41BAFBB9968.jpeg

Reactions: 03DSG
Writing in this morning as I am a San Rafael, California line waiter day one 10 am. I cannot believe I am not able to configure because I am too close to a clogged delivery center.. I have stamped my little feet and put out $5000 for wiring the house and still no config notice.

Finally I see the Light --- log in, make a plea on this thread... several people didn't even finish their post and got "the call".

If I only had known it was that easy :) :)

Waiting Ommmm Ommmm

Writing in this morning as I am a San Rafael, California line waiter day one 10 am. I cannot believe I am not able to configure because I am too close to a clogged delivery center.. I have stamped my little feet and put out $5000 for wiring the house and still no config notice.

Finally I see the Light --- log in, make a plea on this thread... several people didn't even finish their post and got "the call".

Waiting Ommmm Ommmm

Sorry... are you saying that you did something to get the invite? I know part of your post is tongue in cheek, but not sure which part.

Probably just a coincidence considering they sent out a bunch of invites on 4/6. But, on the off-chance it's true, still waiting for my invite. Online reservation 3/31, @8PM
Apr-Jun window.

My second reservation, made 5-28-17, became available to configure yesterday. I configured the first reservation a week ago, still waiting on a VIN for that one. Current S owner (one). No plans to configure the second reservation at this time.

GeoMetro -- just having a bit of fun on a rainy saturday. No I did not get to configure and just figured I would take a break from checking for configuration notice every hour. :)
Shrike got it!!!! and is now working with me on tribal lore to advance our order in the obscure Tesla configuration Lottery.
Striving for a bit of fun in the now 2 year slog to the finish line... Also hoping our current ICE car will not give out before our M3.
(we talk quietly in the garage so it does not know we are sending it to the Knacker after 20 good years. But the massive wiring job was hard to hide and the Vett feigned battery issues and is now on the rehab charger... ICE cars do still sense things. :) )

• Funny
Reactions: oldtrip
GeoMetro -- just having a bit of fun on a rainy saturday. No I did not get to configure and just figured I would take a break from checking for configuration notice every hour. :)
Shrike got it!!!! and is now working with me on tribal lore to advance our order in the obscure Tesla configuration Lottery.
Striving for a bit of fun in the now 2 year slog to the finish line... Also hoping our current ICE car will not give out before our M3.
(we talk quietly in the garage so it does not know we are sending it to the Knacker after 20 good years. But the massive wiring job was hard to hide and the Vett feigned battery issues and is now on the rehab charger... ICE cars do still sense things. :) )

Ah, nice and appreciate the humor. I’ve gotten a bit sour these days as my 17 year old wagon is under duress and I need some light at the end of this 2+ year wait that I can put ol’ Betsy out to pasture.

New to TMC,
Newport Beach Line Waiter 3/31/16 and registered around 12 PM. Received my email to order on 3/26/18. Configured and order placed on 4/5/18. Was having a difficult time deciding on what to do with reservation. Wait for AWD or just stop thinking too much and just do what you wanted to do 2 years ago. Now we anxiously wait 3-6 more weeks.

Looks like a new batch is starting. I received my invite today 4/6 at noon eastern time.

3/31 10AM reservation with Mar-May expected delivery.

Good luck all!

I logged into my Tesla account and saw I can now configure. LA based, non owner who ordered online about 10 minutes after online orders opened up. Debating now if I want to lock in the tax credit or gamble on dual motors. I also have over a year left on my Volt lease. I’ll probably order since I don’t really need the dual motors and 3750 bucks plus however much dual motors will cost (I’m guessing at least 3500 and probably closer to 5k) is not something to sneeze at.

I'm very happy for anyone who has been fortunate enough to receive the invitation to configure their Model 3. I'm just baffled and frustrated by the apparent randomness of the invite order. People who reserved online are receiving their invites before many who stood in line. Perhaps my memory is fuzzy, but there was an expectation that those who stood in line would get priority after the employees and owners of other Tesla vehicles. It's particularly frustrating since I live just minutes from the Fremont facilities. Sorry for the rant. At the end of the day, the extra time has allowed me to save a few more ducats for the purchase and probably realize my personal configuration of AWD with blue exterior and white interior since Elon suggests both options are just around the corner. I've waited this long...