Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New Configuration Invites 4/6

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
When people put in the delivery location, did you put in your home ZIP code, or the zip code of a delivery center where you wanted the car to go?

I put in my home ZIP, but now I am wondering if I should have put in the ZIP for the Fremont delivery center instead...

I used the zip code of the store where I wanted it delivered.

I have roughly 5 Tesla service centers (across three states) that are approximately the same driving time (+/- 15 min) from my home. Since I prefer to have the vehicle delivered to a specific center, I used that zip code instead of my home. It would be great if they opened a service center closer to my home. Given the number of Teslas in the area, I’m surprised they haven’t.

Tyson's Corner, VA 3/31 non-owner line waiter.
Received my email 4/6 @ 18:20 EDT
Placed my order 4/6 @ 22:25 EDT
(Red, Aero, Long Range, RWD, no EAP or self driving)
Completed all the "Next Steps" 4/9 @ 07:00 EDT

I haven't received any additional correspondence from Tesla, and I'm a little worried because I got a reminder email to "fill out the next steps" even though I had already done so.

When people say they've received their VIN, how is that communicated? Do you receive another email? Logging into my Tesla account shows that I have a reservation number, but there is nothing about a VIN anywhere.

This is my first TMC post, looking forward to getting to know you all better!

When people say they've received their VIN, how is that communicated? Do you receive another email? Logging into my Tesla account shows that I have a reservation number, but there is nothing about a VIN anywhere.

Welcome, I also went through the Tyson's Corner location. You will not get an email when a VIN is assigned, it will just appear on your account one day. My VIN was assigned about 4 days after I ordered my vehicle (got invite on 4/10 and ordered on 4/10). It could be that your particular vehicle build has a lot of similar configs requests and may take a tad bit longer to receive a VIN. The only thing I can suggest is checking every day (or several times a day, every day as I did). I am now waiting for Cassidy to call me and discuss further steps including final cost, payment, and delivery.

Tyson's Corner, VA 3/31 non-owner line waiter.
Received my email 4/6 @ 18:20 EDT
Placed my order 4/6 @ 22:25 EDT
(Red, Aero, Long Range, RWD, no EAP or self driving)
Completed all the "Next Steps" 4/9 @ 07:00 EDT

I haven't received any additional correspondence from Tesla, and I'm a little worried because I got a reminder email to "fill out the next steps" even though I had already done so.

Dang, I reserved at 1700EDT at Tyson’s but got my invite on 4/10....

I reserved as soon as the online went active which was 10-15 minutes before the announced time.
I am in Connecticut and am not a Tesla owner.
Received invite on 4-13, but will be waiting for the AWD.

When people put in the delivery location, did you put in your home ZIP code, or the zip code of a delivery center where you wanted the car to go?

I put in my home ZIP, but now I am wondering if I should have put in the ZIP for the Fremont delivery center instead...
I put in the one for the delivery center I will be using. In the Atlanta area there are two so I picked the one more convenient for me.

Just got my invite - non owner non employee reserved sometime during or immediately after the webcast. At first I thought I should wait for AWD since getting stuck in snow is sometimes a problem here, and I like to go snowboarding, but I ordered anyway, I’ll have to get an AWD car next. Also figured now was as good a time as any to join TMC, first post here!

Reactions: UZJedi and RenMan68
I already ordered the white interior from Tsportline. Reasonable price and good quality. They set me up with a local installer for $675. Just configured today, so can't say how the fit is yet. May want to look into as they have several color options.

Let me know how it goes...I'm strongly considering their red diamond-stitch interior (white exterior).

Looks like a new batch is starting. I received my invite today 4/6 at noon eastern time.

3/31 10AM reservation with Mar-May expected delivery.

Good luck all!

Got my invite on 4/6 as well, will probably wait to configure until after my condo closes on 4/30, but I am also considering a short wait to see where AWD falls...

Who am I kidding. As soon as the ink is dry on my condo paperwork I'll be configuring. :D

• Funny
Reactions: UZJedi
Yes please let us know. That’s a really good price. I wonder if they have local installers in DC/VA/MD area ?!

I emailed them about local installers in New England. They replied: "We will ship you the upholstered skins in a box and refer you to a local upholstery shop that can install it for you usually within one day. You can also take it to any upholstery shop you want if you prefer."

Reactions: Mazari4life
My 1st post in the TMC
Non-owner, reserved on 3/31 @ 10pm est, Jacksonville, FL.
Received invite today, In a dilemma, thinking twice as car will be 55k before taxes with EAP.
A modelX @ 79.5k +3k- (7 seater) + 5k-(EAP) = 87.5k looks reasonable compared to M3 @ 55k.

I may hold for Standard battery later( By the way the estimated time frame shows end 2018 now, instead of 2019 beginning).

Not directly related to the thread
I dont need a new car immediately. I am thinking of waiting for the SR battery, By which I may get max 3750 federal ev money at that time.
Another thought is to sell my current reservation at a reasonable premium, so that I can order a SR M3 later in 1 - 1.5 year (By that time there may not be any EV money 7.5k / 3.75k/1.875k, just trying to cover some of that).
Again, I am still not clear on the modus opearandi.

Your inputs and thoughts welcome. :)