Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New Configuration Invites 4/6

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Back from picking mine up. Had an awesome drive home!

IMG_9866.JPG

Picked up my MSM today! Car is absolutely flawless inside and out! Drove 3.5 hrs back to home from Mt. kisco NY. Autopilot kicked in about 35 mi in. First electric car so a little getting used to, but amazing! User controls are intuitive and easy to use. I habe like 10 aftermarket items...first tonight was white console and dash! More to come including white leather, turbines, ceramic coating, body kit.... The fun just started :)

Attachments

• 0531182023.jpg
    0531182023.jpg
    157.3 KB · Views: 87
  • 0531181015b.jpg
    0531181015b.jpg
    320.7 KB · Views: 104
Reactions: RedOctober
Hey that’s my car! :) when did you get notified of your VIN? I’m suppose to get my car at Mt Kisco on sat but I’m now being told that car is still on the truck and won’t make it in time!

Picked up my MSM today! Car is absolutely flawless inside and out! Drove 3.5 hrs back to home from Mt. kisco NY. Autopilot kicked in about 35 mi in. First electric car so a little getting used to, but amazing! User controls are intuitive and easy to use. I habe like 10 aftermarket items...first tonight was white console and dash! More to come including white leather, turbines, ceramic coating, body kit.... The fun just started :)

Delivery complete. The Orlando/Eatonville building I’m sure is nowhere near what Fremont and other big city ones look like. I brought the checklist that are online and went through everything. Already forgotten how to put it in park when I got home ;). Car looks amazing, drove home around 50 miles and had to run to my brother’s house to wash it because the car got covered in love bugs. Then put it in my garage at condo and plugged a grounded 3 outlet adapter into the single outlet I have in there and it seems to be working fine with 3mph charge. So just a nice drive home and that’s it, have to go back to work tomorrow. Checked again later and it was up to 5mph. Only thing I noticed is when car is turned off my music appears to play but no sound. I have to choose another song for it to play. It happens with both the usb and my iPhone.

So people who received their original invite to configure their model 3 in April of 2018 have already received an invitation to configure an AWD? I got my original invitation in February and I was one of the first thousand production orders for the model S and I still have not received an invitation to configure mine in AWD. This seems odd to me. Any thoughts? Or did I read that post wrong.

I called Tesla today and they said that nothing went wrong and I still have my place in line. I was under the assumption that the original invitations went out in the order that reservations were made, with a preference to prior Tesla owners first. But now I’m befuddled.

Can anyone offer clarity?

Cheers

The wait is over! Picked it up yesterday. Delivery was almost derailed by a cracked charge port door, but they got it replaced just in time. I didn't go over the car with a fine tooth comb like some others here, but all panel gaps, headlight protrusions, and charge port door alignment seemed fine. 208XX VIN, Gen 2 front seats, and rear too from what I can tell.

IMG_20180605_165610.jpg IMG_20180605_203557.jpg

So people who received their original invite to configure their model 3 in April of 2018 have already received an invitation to configure an AWD? I got my original invitation in February and I was one of the first thousand production orders for the model S and I still have not received an invitation to configure mine in AWD. This seems odd to me. Any thoughts? Or did I read that post wrong.

I called Tesla today and they said that nothing went wrong and I still have my place in line. I was under the assumption that the original invitations went out in the order that reservations were made, with a preference to prior Tesla owners first. But now I’m befuddled.

Can anyone offer clarity?

Cheers

I may be offering my own clarity. It appears that Tesla maintained prior Tesla owner priority with the original run of invitations, but the AWD/P invitations removed the prior owner advantage, and now purely run off of order in which original reservation was received. Thus those with no prior Tesla vehicles would get their AWD/P invitation earlier than a prior owner with an earlier original invite to configure if the prior owner got their original invitation earlier only on account of prior ownership status because they actually had a later original reservation date than the non-owner. Alas for me. Win for those with no prior Tesla experience. Enjoy folks, and cheers.