Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New Construction Install Update

Markm287

Feb 27, 2021
Mechanicsburg, PA
The roof is about 5000 sq ft. Almost the entire south facing roof is PV (8.2 kW). A little bit is on east (2.1 kW) and west (2.1 kW) facing. A small amount is north facing (1.2 kW). Estimated first year production is 15595 kWh. We don’t have PTO and we won’t be moving in for a few more months to give you any real world numbers yet though. I hope this helps.

cobra

Feb 8, 2021
Lansdale, PA, USA
Yes, thanks for the numbers! That's a nice production number. Do you think you could have had more active panels if you wanted or did they max out your roof? House looks great, I bet you are looking forward to getting through the construction phase!

Markm287

Feb 27, 2021
Mechanicsburg, PA
The remaining east-west roof space had no attic access and we didn't want conduits and electrical boxes outside the house. The remaining roof is all north facing so it wasn't really worth it. I wish we did 2 more Powerwalls and had whole home back up but we decided against it for now due to how much more that was going to cost. We plan on doing it in a year if Tesla allows buying Powerwalls separately again. Thanks! Yes, we are very excited. It will be a big upgrade from the 150 year old house we currently live in.

Reactions: cobra

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC