TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

New Corvette Stingray has built-in Dashcam

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by yobigd20, Jan 5, 2014.

1. yobigd20

yobigd20 Well-Known Member

check this out. http://money.cnn.com/2014/01/05/autos/corvette-stingray-dash-cam/index.html?hpt=hp_t2

the new stringray has a built-in "Performance Data Recorder". It gives "drivers of its flashy Stingray sports car a way to record and share their experience behind the wheel....The fully integrated system enables users to record high-definition video, with telemetry overlays, of their driving experiences on and off the track...The video can be queued up on a dashboard-mounted monitor or downloaded to a driver's computer. The display shows the video plus a speedometer, throttle display and gear indicator. Drivers who use it when racing on an established race course can also see a map of the track and their lap time....The system pulls together a video camera mounted on the dashboard, a GPS receiver and the car's computer. A 32 gigabyte card inserted near the glove box can hold about 13 hours of driving data"

Pretty cool gadget & it's built-in nicely.

140105120048-corvette-stingray-dashcam-620xa.jpg

2. Discoducky

Discoducky Active Member

3. Jeddi

Jeddi Member

Been keeping an eye on the new Vettes. Seem to be a very hot commodity right now and selling well over invoice.
    Looks like you're getting a lot for the money.
    I'll hold out for a slightly used one later this year.

4. yobigd20

yobigd20 Well-Known Member

5. qwk

qwk Model S P2681

I agree, a valet mode is a must, especially on the new P85D cars. I bet that a lot of Model S cars get quite a tire haircut when the owner lets the car loose with a valet.

6. rjcbox

rjcbox Member

Yes to all the above. Shouldn't be difficult for Tesla to configure these, but probably low on their priority list right now

7. Victory

Victory Member

That video is hilarious. The valet driver even stopped at the end as if he was prepping for a launch