Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New CPO Owner of a Silver P85+

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Been looking at Tesla Model S what seems like forever. My wife did not want to spend as much as I wanted for the Performance version. well, the CPO launched and i've been looking at the cars for some time now because I still have my leased Volt. My wife has been in my ear telling me "let the lease finish in September of 2016 and then get the tesla"

Well.... I didn't listen and I bought one for 59,500 + $1500 shipped to NY :)

looks like I'm going to need 19" rims for winter also.

this is the screenshot of the specs
tesla.png

only thing missing is the sound studio package, but that's ok. there is slacker and so forth and I wont miss xm that much.

Last edited:
Been looking at Tesla Model S what seems like forever. My wife did not want to spend as much as I wanted for the Performance version. well, the CPO launched and i've been looking at the cars for some time now because I still have my leased Volt. My wife has been in my ear telling me "let the lease finish in September of 2016 and then get the tesla"

Well.... I didn't listen and I bought one for 59,500 + $1500 shipped to NY :)

looks like I'm going to need 19" rims for winter also.

this is the screenshot of the specs
View attachment 105559

only thing missing is the sound studio package, but that's ok. there is slacker and so forth and I wont miss xm that much.

Let me know how the size compares to your Volt in you day to day activities. My Volt lease expires in about 12 months but worried that the Model S might be too big for those around-town errands I use my Volt for so often. Thanks and congrats.

Nice. Waiting for my P85+ CPO that I ordered last week. When are you picking up? Looks like they turned yours around in 3 weeks? Where did it ship from?

it came in from Texas and took a little over a month. they are delivering the car to my house in liverpool, ny by 5:30pm tomorrow. they told me I have 3 scratches that add up to an inch on the front bumper they can repair any time I want. I was given that option because I also asked for the 4g update, but was advised to see if 3g meets my standards before I paid to have the upgrade done.

congrats on your purchase!

Thanks! Best of luck on your pickup. The first person I talked to said 2 weeks from purchase till delivery since my car was in Freemont and it loaded on a truck the next day, but I half expect a month even if it's here in the next week or two once accounting for refurbishment.

Let me know how the size compares to your Volt in you day to day activities. My Volt lease expires in about 12 months but worried that the Model S might be too big for those around-town errands I use my Volt for so often. Thanks and congrats.

1 road trip to buffalo for wings and driving around for 4 days tells me that it will take a little getting used to for this car to be an everything, everyday car coming from a volt. The result also may be from my nervousness from driving in snow with 21" rims and summer tires :). Yesterday the back fishtailed on dry road after I gunned it going on i90 after I parked the car for about an hour in the snow. I guess that would be normal after the tires freeze :).

anyway, I would think it's an easy transition for me because my daily drivers have been big before. Once you drive the car you will want it to be your daily driver even if it was 50 ft long. My wife said it's as comfortable as my ml350 was and has the speed and space my e46 m3 had.

good luck!

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks! Best of luck on your pickup. The first person I talked to said 2 weeks from purchase till delivery since my car was in Freemont and it loaded on a truck the next day, but I half expect a month even if it's here in the next week or two once accounting for refurbishment.

my rep felt real bad and gave me 2 jackets, pen, ceramic cup and tesla pin. he's a good guy and really had no control over what caused the delays.