Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New CPO Process, Shipping Carrier

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I had my cpo ms shipped last week from Seattle to DC. I used a company Allied Auto Transport and could no be happier. Car was picked up from Seattle on Monday morning and was delivered to me Thursday afternoon. After a quick car wash the car looked brand new. The sales rep, Dave Bailey, continuously updated me on where the car was on it's Journey (GPS tracking apparently doesn't work when the car is being transported). Happy to answer any other questions.

Allied Auto Transport® | Specialized Vehichle Transportation Services

• Helpful
Reactions: KerryOH
Actually I was told by the new England OA that the most recent update (as of about 1 week ago) is that you can't ship your CPO purchase. They must be picked up in person. Too many people paying for and shipping cars only to find they weren't happy with condition upon arrival.

Actually I was told by the new England OA that the most recent update (as of about 1 week ago) is that you can't ship your CPO purchase. They must be picked up in person. Too many people paying for and shipping cars only to find they weren't happy with condition upon arrival.

What do you expect when they deliver banged up cars that look like they came from a junk yard...

Rather than not ship CPO cars because they are too embarrassed the car will be rejected due to poor condition, perhaps they should have the same standards in selling CPO cars in decent condition as Kia and Hyundai :rolleyes:

That's right. When i started looking about 3 weeks ago my cpo advisor assured me I could arrange for a 3rd party shipping company to pick up the car from the location I bought it from. Once I put down my deposit he called me to congratulate me and casually mentioned I'd need to pick it up in person. When I reminded him of the email he sent me assuring I DID NOT need physically pick it up myself he said "oh yeah that changed last week". Since I was very happy with the condition of that specific car and price i paid I decided to fly across the country and arrange shipping on my own. Very inconvenient but it all worked out in the end.

What do you expect when they deliver banged up cars that look like they came from a junk yard...

Rather than not ship CPO cars because they are too embarrassed the car will be rejected due to poor condition, perhaps they should have the same standards in selling CPO cars in decent condition as Kia and Hyundai :rolleyes:

I don't disagree.
That's right. When i started looking about 3 weeks ago my cpo advisor assured me I could arrange for a 3rd party shipping company to pick up the car from the location I bought it from. Once I put down my deposit he called me to congratulate me and casually mentioned I'd need to pick it up in person. When I reminded him of the email he sent me assuring I DID NOT need physically pick it up myself he said "oh yeah that changed last week". Since I was very happy with the condition of that specific car and price i paid I decided to fly across the country and arrange shipping on my own. Very inconvenient but it all worked out in the end.

Major pain but glad to hear you made it work. What car did you buy, where, and was it in good shape?

I don't disagree.

Major pain but glad to hear you made it work. What car did you buy, where, and was it in good shape?

I got a 2015 Model S 85D Midnight blue with about 47k miles. It was located in Seattle and I ended up pulling the trigger at $50,700 (I had been following it for a week). It's in excellent condition it's actually hard to believe it's 3 years old!

20180902_173838.jpg

I did get plenty of pictures of cars that just looked so banged up which is why I decided it was worth putting in extra effort for this one. It really shouldn't be this difficult when spending so much on a car!

I got a 2015 Model S 85D Midnight blue with about 47k miles. It was located in Seattle and I ended up pulling the trigger at $50,700 (I had been following it for a week). It's in excellent condition it's actually hard to believe it's 3 years old!

View attachment 333899

I did get plenty of pictures of cars that just looked so banged up which is why I decided it was worth putting in extra effort for this one. It really shouldn't be this difficult when spending so much on a car!

Damn, that's beautiful. Same color I'm after as well. Definitely looks like it was worth the effort. Congrats, enjoy it!

View attachment 333899

Congrats! She's a beauty :)