TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

New Cream Interior

Discussion in 'Model S: Interior & Exterior' started by Tforme, Jul 27, 2017.

1. Tforme

Tforme Member

Has anyone actually seen the cream in person? Are there any better pictures than the one on the configurator?

It looks like the console is a lighter color and maybe even the door sills and carpet, too. This would be a welcome improvement from the endless sea of black in every Model S.

Black carpet, door sills, pillar lower trim, upper dash, steering column, steering wheel and even seat belts - way too much! Every Model S has a black interior - only different color seats and partial door trim panels offer any relief. Hopefully the newly hired Volvo interior designer can improve these dreadful interiors.

• Like x 3
  2. Derek Kessler

Derek Kessler Member

Not yet. It'll probably be a few weeks before the first so-equipped cars are delivered.

3. MacGreiner

MacGreiner Member

I wonder if it is showing up in the showrooms yet on the interior config samples? Looks like it maybe a more subtle match for red than the white interior.

4. Jjdsyd

Jjdsyd Member

Yeah. The interiors are really depressing right now. I was in a friend's brand new X5 the other day. Had the gorgeous baseball glove cognac leather. Black roof liner, leather dash. Impeccable fit and finish. I think Tesla needs revisit their approach to Model S interiors. Otherwise they are going to let the legacy brands catch up with all electric offerings that require no luxury sacrifice. Not to mention the Model 3 cannibalising Model S sales.

5. Nalpino

Nalpino New Member

Hi all, just ordered my Model S with cream interior. This are the images that I got from Tessa in order to decide....

Attached Files:

• Informative x 1
    • Like x 1
    • Love x 1
  6. sumitkgarg

sumitkgarg Member

I ordered cream without ever seeing one with Pearl White exterior. Black or White interior isn't for me and that left me with only Cream. Hoping that I will like it. My OA told me that I will love the combination. Fingers Crossed.

7. Tforme

Tforme Member

#7 Tforme, Aug 15, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 15, 2017
    When someone takes delivery, I'd sure love to see some detailed pictures of the cream interior. It's evident that the console is now a lighter cream color. But what is not clear is whether the carpeting and lower interior plastic body trim is now a lighter color other than black.

There's way too much black in all model S interiors. As soon as this situation improves with some lighter colors - to include at least carpet and lower trim, I'm ready to move up. But not until then.

My Bolt's light ash grey/ ceramic white interior is completely color keyed - even including the seat belts. I find this a more inviting interior than my Model S - black with tan seats. Come on Tesla it's time to step up your game on these drab interiors!

Attached Files:

8. boaterva

boaterva Supporting Member

Me too, on the order. Local store didn't get any samples, either, and I'll post pics if no one else has. The Design Studio looks tons better than the 'tan' leather, especially with a cream console, and my OA told me no one ("") bought the tan leather because it was several shades of tan in the seats

Definitely looking forward (with crossed fingers!) to delivery! I do wish they had other choices (grey? something....!).

9. Panhandler

Panhandler Member

I am hoping that the cream interior has dark carpet. We have an Infiniti with cream colored seats and carpet. The light carpet is impossible to keep clean. Hopefully they learned with the white seats to have dark carpet.

10. boaterva

I believe it is. The back carpet is black and the front mats (in the store) are black. I think all the 'lower' color is still black. But we shall all see shortly when the new cars show up!

11. SM18

SM18 Member

The picture on the configurator shows light carpets and surrounding area for Model S with cream seats. Cream Interior.jpg

12. Tforme

Tforme Member

Different preferences, I guess. But I'm thrilled that the cream doesn't have the black carpet and trim. Mostly black Model S interiors is all we've had for years. It high time for a lighter interior with lighter carpet and trim.

Now if they would just get rid of that black steering wheel and column - that keeps it looking like a commercial delivery truck inside. The pebble grain black plastic seat backs need to go, too - grossly out of place in any car except the absolute cheapest ones.

• Like x 2
  13. Panhandler

Panhandler Member

The carpet in the photo above appears to be a darker shade than the seats. Hopefully they will be dark enough to hide dirt and marks from shoes. If not, I will have to go with either the white or black interior.
    I understand Tforme's desire to get away from a totally black interior. I have avoided that in every car that I have owned. Black can be especially hot in Texas. However, I am optimistic that the new Ultrafabric will not get as hot as black leather tends to get. I am cautiously optimistic about the glass roof. Do any of you have any experience with the glass roof in the Model S? I cannot imagine that it would not overheat the interior on a sunny summer day.

14. Tforme

Tforme Member

#14 Tforme, Aug 18, 2017 at 5:08 PM
    Last edited: Aug 18, 2017 at 5:29 PM
    As a Texas Tech alumni I know how hot that west Texas sun can be. The glass roof blocks a lot of the heat and UV, but not as much as a steel roof. I'm happy my older S85 has a steel roof, and also the more effective HID headlights, and the much larger frunk, and free supercharging. I'm probably not willing to give up these things (and a huge wad of cash) to move to the new cream interior.

15. boaterva

#15 boaterva, Aug 19, 2017 at 9:21 AM
    Last edited: Aug 19, 2017 at 9:28 AM
    Hm, interesting.... All I see in the Design Studio for Interior is this:

upload_2017-8-19_12-20-25.png

Where do you see a shot that shows the floor like that?

Strange that yours seem to show a light(er) carpet when all mats are still black...

Edit: from the angle, it appears to be from the S Design Studio (sorry, didn't see your S comment). My shot is from the X... I do see a hint of lighter carpet in the S one... but not the larger piece your pic has... I wonder if the X is different because it's an 'SUV'? Who knows at this point with no cars and no samples...