Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New Cream Interior

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
View attachment 245163 View attachment 245164 View attachment 245165

Here are a couple of better pictures w/o the led interior lights on. Mine is a tan leather interior with the original seats. The mats I chose were the best color match; but I seriously considered some slightly darker constasting ones. They would have been easier to maintain and still lightened the interior some.

I see your dilemma with the all white seats. Personally I would probably choose one of the intermediate grey colors from the 12 or so available in the black/grey group. I've attached a picture from the Lloyds site of the choices in that group, but the colors shown probably aren't very true representations. I picked 5 that I was interested in and they sent actual samples of the material. That made choosing much easier.

Thanks for the detailed reply. I think I'll order samples of some of those Intermediate greys and see how they look. Thanks.

I just saw eight or 10 brand new (50 mile) inventory cars showing up on ev-cpo with the cream interior. Strange that they have new cars, sitting in inventory, available for purchase with the cream interior but we have not heard of any ordered cars being delivered with it yet.

The inventory cars are also all listed with the black (yuck) headliner. The pictures and description on the Tesla website list a light headliner. Bad as I hate black carpet, I hate black over my head even worse - it totally completes the "in a cave" feeling.

Anxious for some owners to post actual pictures here.

Every one of the cream interior MS that I posted about a couple of days back disappeared overnight the first day. Really weird things go on with the Tesla inventory as shown on ev-CPO. Maybe Hank can shed some light on the sudden disappearance. Did they all sell that fast? Maybe Martians loaded them all on space ships?

Still hoping someone with an actual MS cream interior will post some photos soon.

Something strange was going on with the option codes and thumbnail images not showing cream, which I haven't resolved yet, so instead of having wrong images or option codes, I just removed them for now. I've got a really busy weekend, so I won't be able to dig deeper until Monday.

I have attached a few pics of my August build new inventory that I picked up last week. It came with cream mats and my wife commented how easily that would get dirty. The DS mentioned that he saw some come in with black mats. He left for a few minutes and came back with black mats and just gave them to us. So we have a set of black and cream mats. I noticed also that the center console thing that flips is black but on the configurator it is cream. I could go either way on that but it seems interesting that they have different color combinations. Maybe it's only the inventory models that are getting these and the custom orders are actually matching what is pictured on the configurator. Even more of a mystery since my design review on my tesla website showed a picture with the cream colored console cell phone door. Would be curious to find out what others that ordered a custom build with cream receive.

I also need to mention that mine does not have the PUP so maybe that has something to do with it even though that is not mentioned anywhere.

IMG_20170913_185148.jpg IMG_20170913_190136.jpg IMG_20170913_190210.jpg

• Informative
Reactions: jelloslug
I have attached a few pics of my August build new inventory that I picked up last week. It came with cream mats and my wife commented how easily that would get dirty. The DS mentioned that he saw some come in with black mats. He left for a few minutes and came back with black mats and just gave them to us. So we have a set of black and cream mats. I noticed also that the center console thing that flips is black but on the configurator it is cream. I could go either way on that but it seems interesting that they have different color combinations. Maybe it's only the inventory models that are getting these and the custom orders are actually matching what is pictured on the configurator. Even more of a mystery since my design review on my tesla website showed a picture with the cream colored console cell phone door. Would be curious to find out what others that ordered a custom build with cream receive.

I also need to mention that mine does not have the PUP so maybe that has something to do with it even though that is not mentioned anywhere.

View attachment 248168 View attachment 248169 View attachment 248170

That cream interior with black mats looks amazing!

Every one of the cream interior MS that I posted about a couple of days back disappeared overnight the first day. Really weird things go on with the Tesla inventory as shown on ev-CPO. Maybe Hank can shed some light on the sudden disappearance. Did they all sell that fast? Maybe Martians loaded them all on space ships?

Still hoping someone with an actual MS cream interior will post some photos soon.

Maybe cause I snagged one of them. I'll post some pictures after I pick it up.

View attachment 248168 View attachment 248169 View attachment 248170

Very interesting spec- not to mention you have the Alcantara dashboard. Not only was that discontinued before the Cream interior was introduced, but you don't even have PUP, which is what it used to be packaged in.

Definitely seems like a mix and match of whatever was available in the parts bin for some of these inventory cars- but it works. Personally I much prefer the black headliner to the light and that Alcantara dashboard is a nice bonus.

Do you notice if the door tops are a smooth leather, or a lightly grained plastic?

Very interesting spec- not to mention you have the Alcantara dashboard. Not only was that discontinued before the Cream interior was introduced, but you don't even have PUP, which is what it used to be packaged in.

Definitely seems like a mix and match of whatever was available in the parts bin for some of these inventory cars- but it works. Personally I much prefer the black headliner to the light and that Alcantara dashboard is a nice bonus.

Do you notice if the door tops are a smooth leather, or a lightly grained plastic?

I didn't know the alcantera dashboard was no longer offered officially so that is a nice bonus. What I did not receive though was the 3 position dynamic turning lights. I have an email into Tesla regarding this omission but haven't heard back yet.

As far as the door tops, they are the a nice smooth and soft material, not plastic. I noticed the difference when I had a P85D loaner that had the plastic. This is a step in the right direction and makes the feel of the door more rich. They also added alcantara in the door pull cavity which matches my cream interior.

I didn't know the alcantera dashboard was no longer offered officially so that is a nice bonus. What I did not receive though was the 3 position dynamic turning lights. I have an email into Tesla regarding this omission but haven't heard back yet.

Are you sure? As far as I know these are not a setting, but are just always on. And they are really really bad, nothing compared to the mechanical solutions of other brands.

I noticed the pictured interior above has a black headliner. Light headliner is listed on the Tesla website as being provided with the cream interior. I don't like black, especially overhead as it really darkens an interior.

Now the black steering wheel and column, the black plastic front seatbacks and the black seat belts need to be lightened. And while they are at it, do the front seat frames too.

If there were no other changes other than a fully color keyed interior (with at least 3-4 choices) the Tesla interior would become more competitive with other premium cars.

Last edited:
Last edited:

As far as the door tops, they are the a nice smooth and soft material, not plastic. I noticed the difference when I had a P85D loaner that had the plastic. This is a step in the right direction and makes the feel of the door more rich. They also added alcantara in the door pull cavity which matches my cream interior.

Interesting, I was wondering about that cream color insert in the door pull, since it's black on all other interior colors. I wonder if other interiors come with alcantara door pulls too now.

The door top material has gone through at least three iterations, from the cheap-looking grained plastic on older cars, to a smooth finish leather in early 2016 (which is what my black leather car has, and what I prefer), to a smooth finish plastic on vegan interiors (which is what my ultra white car has). Small stuff, but I agree it makes a difference.

I noticed the pictured interior above has a black headliner. Light headliner is listed on the Tesla website as being provided with the cream interior. I don't like black, especially overhead as it really darkens an interior.

Now the black steering wheel and column, the black plastic front seatbacks and the black seat belts need to be lightened. And while they are at it, do the front seat frames too.

If there were no other changes other than a fully color keyed interior (with at least 3-4 choices) the Tesla interior would become more competitive with other premium cars.

The pictures must be from a Model X. The Model X does come with the black headliner and black carpeting. The Model S comes with a Cream headliner and cream carpeting.