Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Vendor New Cubby Drawer

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Since he didn't post it yet and he sent me the sample picture...

upload_2017-2-17_15-35-35.png

I have quick change phone dock, working on adapter for installation of ghost light into the stock rectangular hole, jack pad. Will have some photos later this week
I have quick change phone dock, working on adapter for installation of ghost light into the stock rectangular hole, jack pad. Will have some photos later this week

Any luck with the ghost lights?

Any luck with the ghost lights?
Yes, I have some installed in my S and got the install with custom adapter to only a few min each.

I am waiting for some parts to arrive. Kit will only require using a small sanding drum on drill or dremel to slightly enlarge the opening. The adapter is used as a guide for sanding. The light will have a connector that will simply plug into the cable used for the stock puddle lights .

I will post some photos of adapter with trim cover and the 3 logo options I will have.

Hi all,

I bought one of these from Norm and it looks fine and fits just fine. It may not fit 'perfectly', but it looks great, and serves the purpose well. I've added a few pics of mine. One with flash, one without.

Perhaps Norm can alter the dimensions slightly to ensure a better fit for new builds as I'm looking to buy mine soon from him. I know they are hand made, but I also know that would probably drive my OCD crazy if it didn't line up better. =)

Perhaps Norm can alter the dimensions slightly to ensure a better fit for new builds as I'm looking to buy mine soon from him. I know they are hand made, but I also know that would probably drive my OCD crazy if it didn't line up better. =)
I'm a bit OCD too, and it would bother me a LOT MORE if it were higher up on the dash and more clearly visible, but it is so low, that you really cannot see the imperfect lines. It would absolutely bug me if someone was able to point that out while they're sitting in the passenger seat. However, it's not easy to see because of its location. I understand your concerns though.

Will post as soon as I get it. I hope it's gonna fit like the early pictures that we've seen in this thread. I understand this is handmade and bound to some variations, especially in the first few orders. However, it can also be "tested" before shipping.

Speaking about symmetry, I just installed hooks from evhooks.com today in my model S. I discovered there's about a 2 cm gap between the headliner and the glass roof on the right, and barely 0.5 cm on the left. Tried to move it back in place and nothing would move... Of course it's absolutely impossible to notice, I had to install hooks there to realize it. But it speaks about the quality control and quality of assembly.................. no wonder I have more wind noise in my 6-figure Model S than in my 1000$ (Tesla's offer) Toyota... :/

So first thing I noticed when I opened the package is that the sides aren't square or symmetrical. Not sure if the cubby hole is an actual trapezoid. That being said I have the same issue with @Alamo32 where the left side has a gap when the cubby is inserted. The left side is square where the right side is askew. I had a hard time taking a picture of the gap being that it's so low so it's not going to bother me.

Mine came with the handle uninstalled by my request and also came with an additional handle that has the top half profile of the car with the words MODEL S under it. It also came with a set of magnet strips about 2" x .5". The sides feel thick and sturdy so you'll have to ask @norm what that material is. I didn't know what to expect from the interior material from pictures but it was the feel I was going for which is soft felt. The interior T logo feels like it was branded and is coarse to the touch.

Overall I'm happy with it despite the little imperfections I mentioned. I haven't tried to launch with it yet (70D) but the main reason I wanted a cubby was I hated picking up stuff that came out of the cubby hole. It's also made in USA.

My advice to norm is to work on the fit better for nitpicky people. Possibly some additional optional handles. My request to make the cubby took 3 days and it took another 3 days for it to be delivered. It would be interesting to see a comparison between norm and Carina's cubby.

Kh3Rta4uAa8UoG72-UsVbtVcJSkbIFvfH6nCw2dpIa8yL5Zyd0fm0LGQNzfwi-UYHmGKVkkRwzgVWl7QYaTGUjp_SHui2et1FtvtebJKndWAWHce5y-2ZaPjAg734Q8x2As03hUdZnsxQQmDzFRTLtOtPYmgztBMuF2w26v96oF856OePHvok8NJ7z8AmlaKuYEyBFvSV0JsOvn_Tmai20KxehV0hqGOqBMHSprF4Ry4Rq9rQfOaRU2tpj-ZOiZmMZlUHozmFN9pc7_EmPFiJ4V3rnUyoCG6ESd0ay3ZaD9Cs47-3mbt2bQdH5ZIMB9MM6pyyez1kt0OgOipslLXIWVkLQePUnFcHSZYcv6nEKcYjrCsrcuM04EbPdKhhuJNgjxEVnMeeJB3nkfKi_RGQny7jadkBIIqIe2mTfo_5zz3xpV1xj7t1gid1XS7hKwDytKrZHOD7qxoSWcnEz4MtcYy8iYSmpmQZEbulZJ9RAz12MfT3jOaoXLjxtdeIcube2fxTUPJ1fKD9imLiJroEV5jv8vfQzaVJ-i2NQQ8XyBP-mUQXAuahVq30Ppg7Hj-msfKNNWbCA2OtpHMDDSy5LqCOr-RVPodTSnKelKrYdd8Kg=w877-h652-no

Taken in dark garage

TAFI__B9YK_nt7aeX0asADNcoortqXkvAEwbFWGmVFzT_N5MG3wxihIo2y9E9CJOHjSOIWI4zjLHCRCHbUnS-5abhG4q6ZH_Lx1mKivyYRg2mcczn6twMbQ6TtO1wO5W9C7E_UFPUtzC2cDfGK3MNZO6EnO7JELC-OA25CtP_xth3aGhF0mYiedvS61KeX9MIccj63IAO1nTO_mTr0YnL4WAlaAtAx0d1jjknzpWp5NBgd5ylBJMGBvNqz5OnwHdxkEhh2mxVeHJkAK_BvcRPF4CRHK6itO_Cid3QDsXsxprs9tXTkTJ3PfvQqSSwcAuF9968v2t5ZZ8tTvtXupuqntfDaEZxDnr0oFZ0zyB7AKE8AmbKYeVFeD0Ddd7fZarp37rm1ofHbJ_WOXeLz_jj440nmX44e635TmB4Ka0djgu9PvPRVjiHez26SY3tpbaCbYrTMGogmiREyQmD0cjB5xYgXKoNnaC23se_Iqq6v5QxCBjlX6BgDAfZuFKF72wEAcFbxITsufEy76pd4wpoPlljxqoIUi57yfs9JjGW0HxHyA1zO153onQvOsRzvfKrIBxx6MySUqIAxR53-YaiGC7X-O0HTmNjRoYWfp4yQ=w877-h652-no

New handle included; magnet not pictured (sunglasses not included)

HucMTm1vkoF4-MiquXq92SvOQTO6TnlMw0znqKaBHUZClHsYf59bEhmGHveV5ZV2h-qSyOT6ST6Hqf91DRzvbtqvj8KGq5qfX_wNWfVzC1P6YrWmuCz8qaCyNzfLLMTQnauGdd5kJDhGINuiyn22nA-Isx0mNTDXm3pCgwDXNkKQBQ0V9bamFACd_Nt6NwVH3bMxxNyCmm8KgrfvFtFvg0ZBV647TWOgPpYnFzGkCi0XeTc5d8upeA7eOyRNfsJU3wRhv0ArJHjIy8siCecxGtDnUGaUiLGNsXfMXJzi-et9ig3YmRZ7OLgl3yqg4qnMSmD1k595jI7Z8jA2SSVaUv_DLemOsyaNZ-xeGLj7e12DoiKhh7A4wqzX2UuvF4HmWVHJWXG_pdEbVWi_4xYDpn8HTl1GlNc1vR77Dr7ECdLsydKEg-BD7BFe9VnOXjDDB3zAn-yKecIid935tEdIz_h9St3d9KZjyL1ZkiiUqDAeg-Oe2SmzYRKTbtMw7uhTX0lD95LIu83CbfJKp2pL19K_rDkYXSjx2L6u_nsC68ud4ees5oLHvus9X2z_pwrs-B06vna9iuRNpMW5TVlErv-hBsDYhCb6IUMvLVSYO_BRDQ=w877-h652-no

Profile from side

Last edited: